Arizona otc mule deer hunt in January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
    i might be going to arizona the second part of Jan. I would be willing to join up with a group of OTC guys if theres room. I have alot of exp way back hiking in on public land in new mex and colo but never been to az. I harvested an archery MD this yr in new mex on public land so I feel like I can contribute my share of knowledge of maps etc and can help packing out.

Pm me if anyone is open to this

What unit in New Mexico?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Leaving tomorrow!! Going to be one cold week!!! You all be safe out there. Make sure to share some pics of success!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie0959 View Post
        I am going to Arizona for a Mikey hunt. Any tips of stuff to practice during whitetail season?

So how did your hunt go?

Comment

this was my camp on opening day of hunt.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by birddogem301 View Post
              Bought 2 in case someone wanted to join me in a legal trail back country big game hunt!!!

Sweet looking bikes! I assume the batteries are not on them in the pic... What kind of range do you get in the real world. I looked at some of their video and obviously there are a lot of variables. What are you experiencing??

Do you use them for getting in to your camp site?? Or do you actually go hunting daily on them??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                Sweet looking bikes! I assume the batteries are not on them in the pic... What kind of range do you get in the real world. I looked at some of their video and obviously there are a lot of variables. What are you experiencing??

Do you use them for getting in to your camp site?? Or do you actually go hunting daily on them??

This was the second time using these bikes in hunting scenarios. First time went well in Colorado. Average battery life with lots of uphill riding about 30 miles. Only used bikes before opened day on a scout and rode about 25 miles and used a third of battery. Didn’t use bikes the rest of week due to snow and icy conditions. Not safe!!! Atv got 95 miles of use this week!!

Comment

Oh and bikes don’t do well on muddy forest roads!!!! Front forks and rear tires got really caked with mud that it was difficult to ride!! Best used on dry dirt roads!

Comment

so how did the hunt go?

Comment

This was the second time using these bikes in hunting scenarios. First time went well in Colorado. Average battery life with lots of uphill riding about 30 miles. Only used bikes before opened day on a scout and rode about 25 miles and used a third of battery. Didn’t use bikes the rest of week due to snow and icy conditions. Not safe!!! Atv got 95 miles of use this week!!

Oh and bikes don’t do well on muddy forest roads!!!! Front forks and rear tires got really caked with mud that it was difficult to ride!! Best used on dry dirt roads!

Thanks for the info... Obviously, their usefulness is limited to our imaginations to a certain extent. Would you say your primary use is to move around during scouting and to expand the area you can cover??

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                        so how did the hunt go?

My hunt went well. Glasses up bucks every day. Made several stalks on a few bucks but couldn’t close the deal. Was close a few times. Unfortunately, I lost a day and a half due to bad weather and I ran out of time this week but I will head back sometime later and punch my tag!![emoji1018][emoji1662]

Comment

awesome

Comment

Thanks for the info... Obviously, their usefulness is limited to our imaginations to a certain extent. Would you say your primary use is to move around during scouting and to expand the area you can cover??

With real hunting experience now these bikes are limited for sure. One of the best thing about riding a bike is that they are quiet. But road conditions and grade of mountains does have its limits. As far as hunting. I found bucks every day I was out. I was atleast 4 miles off main roads and away from all the road hunters.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2090.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	24566887

Comment

What unit were you in?

Comment

Working...