No announcement yet.

Amistad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys I put up a treestand at Amistad. Here's a pic in case you see it.
    Attached Files

Comment

^^^. Is that you at the very top?? Must be area 2

Comment

Cool picture

Comment

With the government shut down looming those of you with plans to hunt Amistad bear in mind that Amistad is part of NPS and will shut down

Comment

Yeah I remember when that happened before. Makes no sense baron public land with no facilities yet suddenly illegal to use it. They closed Padre island too. Yet both places retain park rangers for security to keep you out.

Was planning to hit it hard next two weeks, I'm unemployed til January!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              Yeah I remember when that happened before. Makes no sense baron public land with no facilities yet suddenly illegal to use it. They closed Padre island too. Yet both places retain park rangers for security to keep you out.

Was planning to hit it hard next two weeks, I'm unemployed til January!
              Looks like someone got a clue as far as keeping stuff open...

I will be going out to area 1 this morning and post what I find later.

Comment

Hitting #2 tonight, looks like shutdown wont be a problem.

Government Shutdown
                The park Visitor Centers, Comfort Stations, Fish Cleaning Stations, and Headquarters will be closed during the Government Shutdown. Park boat launches, campgrounds, hunting areas, hiking trails, and vault toilets will remain open.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  Hitting #2 tonight, looks like shutdown wont be a problem.

Government Shutdown
                  The park Visitor Centers, Comfort Stations, Fish Cleaning Stations, and Headquarters will be closed during the Government Shutdown. Park boat launches, campgrounds, hunting areas, hiking trails, and vault toilets will remain open.
                  T-4... Good luck out there... I will probably hit one again... I saw a smallish 8 that I just could not get to stop in my lane.

Comment

Nice. Now you know where he's at you've got the advantage.
                    Man I'm so far back in here I may not make it out. Hope my headlamp battery is charged.

Comment

^^^ Any luck in two?? Did you make it out, I noticed the buzzards circling over two

I went out this morning but the wind was horrendous... It was swirling in every direction. I heard something approach my spot from behind but just as it was getting close the wind changed and off it went... Never saw it...

Comment

Lol buzzards were not for me thankfully. I did manage to get some brush whacked into my right eye and it swelled up and has a blister on it today so I'm on antibiotic eye drops.

Wife took a shot on a doe and clipped a branch, shot hit somewhere we have hair on the arrow and some gut looking substance but not much of anything. Spent some time looking all over in a grid for blood or bodies, nuthin. I had a little 4 point come walking the treeline next to me on my right where I was not expecting anything, made it next ti ne about 8 yards away and we had a little eyeball contact then he grew wings and took flight lol. Found a lot of flagging tape and a treestand and a glob of old blood with deer hair all in it. I'll be back on Wednesday for the rest of the week.

Comment

How crowded is it generally this week into early next week? Wife and I are thinking about heading down

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
                            How crowded is it generally this week into early next week? Wife and I are thinking about heading down
                            Was dead today (Sunday) but about average before that. All 5 of my crew had Fudds walking through their areas at prime hour Saturday evening.

I made a bad shot on a doe Thursday evening, just barely behind the liver in solid gut/stomach area, not a drop of blood anywhere to be found and grid search yielded nothing. Not sure what happened just watched the arrow fly 8 inches too far to the side, torqued my bow I guess. Found her too late she was already rotten and picked over by buzzards. Got a much better shot on a doe tonight and plenty of blood, recovered that one and got her home.

Comment

Sounds like there are a ton of deer out there that die slow painful deaths with bad shots....

Comment

Ouch

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X