X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been quiet in here lately. Where are the LDPs

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread will be hottt come Dec 1st. Must resuscitate! Ghost will be in the woods 1st - 15th trying to get er done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I been out there last couple days. Got out a little late this afternoon and trucks already parked so I won’t enter the area if people are already setup. Seen a doe yesterday on my way out but not close enough.

Comment

I'll be out there next weekend. has any one ever bagged some quail out here?

Comment

I stumbled upon a pop up blind yesterday... looks maroonish and camo pretty close to a creek. Hopefully you weren’t in it but I probably will be tomorrow if it’s still there... lol

Comment

this is my first year hunting benbrook is one side better than the other?

Comment

any luck today

Comment

Originally posted by closingin View Post
                  I'll be out there next weekend. has any one ever bagged some quail out here?
                  I’ve bumped a few quail out there.... was told by rangers that I cannot use my bird dogs to hunt then or even train in the off-season because all dogs must be leashes while on Corp property
                  Last edited by rednecktbrizz7; 12-06-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rednecktbrizz7 View Post
                    I’ve bumped a few quail out there.... was told by rangers that I cannot use my bird dogs to hunt then or even train in the off-season because all dogs must be leashes while on Corp property

I used to live pretty close to the Old Granbury road side out there and I ran 3-5 times a week on the horse trails and otherwise. I never have seen the Corp Rangers out there once, though I did run into some police that needed help putting cattle back in the neighboring pasture that they got out of. My heelers were glad to oblige.

I’m not advocating for breaking the rules but when a dog is off a leash or some idiot is poaching or firing off 9mm’s or shooting his .270 from the concrete water tanks, I’d think that the firearm situation would be more pressing. Unfortunately when I have called, multiple times, to report such issues, they didn’t seem too concerned and told me to call Fort Worth PD.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                      I used to live pretty close to the Old Granbury road side out there and I ran 3-5 times a week on the horse trails and otherwise. I never have seen the Corp Rangers out there once, though I did run into some police that needed help putting cattle back in the neighboring pasture that they got out of. My heelers were glad to oblige.

I’m not advocating for breaking the rules but when a dog is off a leash or some idiot is poaching or firing off 9mm’s or shooting his .270 from the concrete water tanks, I’d think that the firearm situation would be more pressing. Unfortunately when I have called, multiple times, to report such issues, they didn’t seem too concerned and told me to call Fort Worth PD.
                      I’ve called em on jack wagons target Shootin rifles before as well.... got the same response and fwpd came out

Comment

Hey ya'll first year hunting up there got picked in the draw for hunt 10 cant wait. Has any one had any luck out there so far?

Comment

I know someone who has hunted rabbits off leash out there several times. I have also seen labs retrieve dove out there. I don't ever remember seeing anything about dogs having to be on leash.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                            I know someone who has hunted rabbits off leash out there several times. I have also seen labs retrieve dove out there. I don't ever remember seeing anything about dogs having to be on leash.
                            That’s what I was told by the ranger but then again this is the same ranger that told me that Tarrant County didn’t have a spring turkey season lol

Comment

from the looks of these reports, we have been lucky not to have been drawn this year. Hope things get better before it is over.

Comment

Originally posted by PIOBill View Post
                                from the looks of these reports, we have been lucky not to have been drawn this year. Hope things get better before it is over.
                                What reports

Comment

Working...
                                X