Granger Lake Archery Hunting 2018-2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    Dang that’s a lot of standbys. I bet Most of them were guys they usually put in online and couldn’t bc they didn’t have the APH.
    You have to have the APH permit to standby also.
    Last edited by bossbowman; 10-21-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
      You have to have the APH permit to standby also.

I did hear quite a few people were turned away for the standby because they did not ha e it with them. Maybe true maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by travisn321 View Post
        I did hear quite a few people were turned away for the standby because they did not ha e it with them. Maybe true maybe not.

Its true, they send you to the Dutchess gas station to buy APH before they let em standby.

One more to go, I punched doe tag #1 last night

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
          I got lucky and shot one last night on the south side of the lake and this morning on the North side, so I’m buck hunting now.
          That was fast.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Its true, they send you to the Dutchess gas station to buy APH before they let em standby.

Congrats man! I got a distress call from a work job site and had to take off early today so nothing for me yet but I’ll be back for the weekend next week! Fingers are crossed!

Comment

I talked to the volunteers last night and this morning when checking in deer. They said 306 people put in for the 16 standby spots yesterday. There were only a little over 800 that put in online they said. Last year over 2000. Having to have AHP first cut a bunch out.
              That's good to hear.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I shot one in a brush blind and one walking out to my truck.

Comment

I talked to the volunteers last night and this morning when checking in deer. They said 306 people put in for the 16 standby spots yesterday. There were only a little over 800 that put in online they said. Last year over 2000. Having to have AHP first cut a bunch out.
                  ***? Did the local newspaper or radio show do a big article on FREE deer hunting at Granger?

Comment

It was like leaving a festival except only 16 were festive ..we were joking next time bring some food and beer carts

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                      It was like leaving a festival except only 16 were festive ..we were joking next time bring some food and beer carts

Fully open to a post being picked or not picked celebration. I’ll bring the whiskey! 11am on a Saturday is late enough for whiskey right?

Comment

Nice brother! I came out enjoy this go around. Have to hustle next time out.

Comment

I got lucky and shot one last night on the south side of the lake and this morning on the North side, so I’m buck hunting now.

Great work! Now go get that 200+ that Bio was talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                            200 may be an under-count. There were 200 trucks out there probably. And yes 16 permits were drawn for Standby. I know of a TBHr that got drawn. Lucky bastage. Was the first ticket out the box.
                            Remember when I SAID I was coming to take my luck back from you after you stole it with your 4 hunts this year?

Told ya so.

IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                              Remember when I SAID I was coming to take my luck back from you after you stole it with your 4 hunts this year?

Told ya so.

IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Oh it’s on ole son. You can bet your sweet arse it’s on! You lucky forker

Comment

I shot one in a brush blind and one walking out to my truck.
                                Yesssss!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X