Granger Lake Archery Hunting 2018-2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
    I got drawn as well. Was picked 4 years ago also. Will see you at orientation on 10/20. Good luck gents.
    Orientation was moved to 10/22.

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
      Orientation was moved to 10/22.

If that was actually the case you can still expect me to be tromping all over the local guys hog honey holes until the 22nd but I’m calling BS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You guys wait till the 22nd. I'll be on buck patrol by then!

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
          Woohoo! I drew this hunt- I really look forward to coming back to Granger! I spent many many hours in granger years ago when I had a lot of time on my hands. Killed a few deer on several drawn hunts too but it's been quite a few years. I look forward to meeting some of you tbher's that were fortunate enough to draw this year! Good luck to all!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
          I live in Travis , I wasn’t able to apply . Do they have walk in hunts also?

Comment

Soooweee TN

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
            I saw a very wide 8ptr in Pecan Grove last Saturday. I'd say he was close to 20". He was bedded down with 4 does on a finger in the brown grass just off the spillway. We counted 22 does during our 4 hour rain walk. Found a nice ladder stand and pvc feeder about middle ways in just before the deep gulley. I was thinking to myself, man this is a nice spot, turned around and hello stand! Beautiful area in there. You don't find that type of looking woods in TN!
            Public pressure ? Lmbo try hunting Florida swamps . It’s the dirty south ! Texas I have met a lot of good hunters here . I heard there was a drop tine buck that was pushing 145 and his name was scar his right ear is torn . He’s still out there

Comment

Originally posted by Leonitas1306 View Post
              I live in Travis , I wasn’t able to apply . Do they have walk in hunts also?

You can show up for orientation and they will raffle off the permits from the people that did not show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonitas1306 View Post
                Public pressure ? Lmbo try hunting Florida swamps . It’s the dirty south ! Texas I have met a lot of good hunters here . I heard there was a drop tine buck that was pushing 145 and his name was scar his right ear is torn . He’s still out there

Scar eh? He lose that piece of his ear to an arrow or Mike Tyson?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  To all those PM'ing me, no I did not have anyone mess up my bowhunt. Guess there are alot of people out scounting but I didn't see anybody.
                  Curious as to how your hunt would get screwed up?

Comment

walking into his stand/blind or general hunting area i would assume, i've done it by accident, and had it done to me, it happens!

Comment

Originally posted by txhushlife View Post
                      walking into his stand/blind or general hunting area i would assume, i've done it by accident, and had it done to me, it happens!

I understand that but it’s public land.....

Last edited by travisn321; 10-03-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by travisn321 View Post
                        I understand that but it’s public land.....

Timing more than anything. Always going to be someone tromping through, but if it's at the wrong time, set was blown. Cost of doing business to your point, but still a crappy outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                          Timing more than anything. Always going to be someone tromping through, but if it's at the wrong time, set was blown. Cost of doing business to your point, but still a crappy outcome.

Yeah it sucks when you find a good spot, set up and then someone comes through. Can’t be mad at them though, we’ve all come through on someone at some point.
                          Now if he sees me and sets up 20 yards down he’s going to find poison ivy or something rubbed all over his stand the next day when he shows up! Ha!

Comment

Anyone going out there this weekend?

Comment

I'm here all weekend. PM me if you want to meet up.

Comment

I’m packed and headed that way first thing in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X