Shnf '18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
    I have a question for early season bowhunters. When scouting for a good early season stand, will I be better off playing the odds on summer winds primarily coming out of the south to hunt bedding areas? Or should I look for better travel corridors for evening hunts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Early season is a crap shoot. We've had come fronts roll in on opening morning, and then not had them until mid October.
    I always try and plan on hunting them like it summer, but usually the acorns have dropped and they aren't on that pattern. You might get a week or two where they are on that pattern. But honestly, I'd find some oaks, that mast crop is good, from October-November ( depending on rain)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Happy fourth of July guys, stay safe out there. Someone hit my car last night and fled the scene. Found out where he lived so we are gonna visit today. He was definitely drunk or high sadly enough, so watch yourselves.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry POS. Hope you work it out Chief.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
          Sorry POS. Hope you work it out Chief.
          Thanks man, filing a report now.

Comment

That’s so chicken ****. Running from the seen. They at least could have left a number so you could settle up the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
              That’s so chicken ****. Running from the seen. They at least could have left a number so you could settle up the next day.
              What I'm guessing is that they were drunk. My car was about 30 to 40 feet past the turn onto The street so there's no way they should have hit it at the angle that they did. The people that live here are also not exactly cream of the crop. They tried to pick up the pieces of their bumper that they blew out, but they missed a piece that went under my car.

Comment

And on this rainy day we celebrate the Fourth of July. The birth of the country. And also the birth of this years spike killer. [emoji3]

Comment

New this year I believe. At least I don't remember it previously. Must purchase aph to apply for doe permits I'm happy about that as I haven't drawn one in a couple years.hopefully that will increase to odds of being drawn and everyone wont just click to apply that may not even hunt it since it's a free application.

Comment

And on this rainy day we celebrate the Fourth of July. The birth of the country. And also the birth of this years spike killer. [emoji3]

That’s a fine looking bow sir!

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                      New this year I believe. At least I don't remember it previously. Must purchase aph to apply for doe permits I'm happy about that as I haven't drawn one in a couple years.hopefully that will increase to odds of being drawn and everyone wont just click to apply that may not even hunt it since it's a free application.
                      Agreed. I’m interested to see if t makes a difference. Back when you had to send in through the mail I got drawn plenty. Once they moved it to the internet only I stopped being drawn. Too easy for people to put in and while not using it.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post

I sure hope it makes a big change. I would like to start getting them again.

Comment

That’s a fine looking bow sir!

Thanks. Now if it would stop raining so I can shoot it at some distance. And make a sight tape.

Comment

Thanks. Now if it would stop raining so I can shoot it at some distance. And make a sight tape.

Man I’m about ready to sell my single pin. I love shooting from 0-70 with small adjustments but dealing with those sight tapes can be a pain, especially when using different arrows.

Comment

I feel you, I haven't shot since HF and I swung by. I feel like I'm gonna be pulling shots left and right.

Comment

Man I’m about ready to sell my single pin. I love shooting from 0-70 with small adjustments but dealing with those sight tapes can be a pain, especially when using different arrows.

I wouldn’t know how to act with a multi pin. Have not had one in ten years. Besides, most shots are within 20 and 30 yards. I set it at 25 and hold high or low. And always shoot the same arrow. Same weight , fletching, broadhead, knock. Every little thing can change arrow flight. I want them to fly better then I can shoot them. So they won’t let my bad shots miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X