2018 Middle of North Texas Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    Dang Ryan that's a bummer! Shouldn't be hot rodding your 4 wheeler to the stand. Nice buck, congrats.
    Thanks. Not sure what happened. I let it idle about 3-5 minutes than morning and drove about 2 minutes before I parked it. Drove it a lot more than that since Friday AM (burned Tuesday morning). Maybe rats built a nest by the exhaust overnight? Who knows.

I’m just blessed it didn’t catch fire in the back of my truck or in my garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got this big boy Thanksgiving week. Going back this weekend. Hopefully its not too rainy
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Merrick7.3 View Post
        Got this big boy Thanksgiving week. Going back this weekend. Hopefully its not too rainy

Nice he’s cool looking

Comment

Bump for this thread, got my feeder and stand setup in Jacksboro this weekend and got a small pig with my 4yr old with me for his first animal while hunting this Monday. Will be hunting on and off this weekend starting tomorrow. Good luck to everyone, I love the nasty weather so I’m excited to put in some hrs on the stand.

Comment

Our oats and wheat are coming up nicely. The weather is killing the pasture grasses. I saw a really tall tined heavier horned mature 150 ish 10 point yesterday morning. He was purdy. I have put a minimum of 160 on myself from here on out. If I see him with my grandson he will be shot at!

We finally got one of our lease mates to come out for his first hunt this year. He has been on the lease for 5 years and has shot some smaller cull bucks. He isn't as big of a hunter as most of us. He just likes hanging out and getting away. I think he might have gotten the big buck bug now shooting a 13 point.

From here on out is when we have seen our biggest bucks. Hope it holds true again this year.
            Attached Files

Comment

Posting these for Jeff.

He can tell the story of the one that got away
              Attached Files

Comment

Well I know where that store is!!

Comment

So tell us the story of the one that got away!

Comment

That's Greg's place...I am going to throw out a WAG on what he scored. 155 +/- 2" and yes please tell the story on this buck.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                      That's Greg's place...I am going to throw out a WAG on what he scored. 155 +/- 2" and yes please tell the story on this buck.

Edit: Those pics make it hard.

Comment

Heck of a buck congratulations!

Comment

I will post up in the Am on my way to find his brother.24 1/2" wide I am not a score monkey but in this case,I'll throw out some premi scores 174 2/8 gross 170 3/4 net.Wil he net bnc?
                          Last edited by crowmagnum; 12-07-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Anyone in foard countyshoot or hear of any of your buddies/neighbors shooting a real nice mainframe 11 with split brows this season?

Comment

What county and high or low fence?

Comment

Originally posted by buckjunkie25 View Post
                                What county and high or low fence?

Knox county I believe. Low fence. Crowmagnum had him on camera during the summer in velvet and then right before bow season out of velvet at one of his feeders. (There are pictures posted earlier on this thread) All the rain came and he couldn't get to where he was at for awhile. His neighbors to the south got him. That's all I know about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X