Friday’s scripture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday’s scripture

“The Lord says: “These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.”
    **Isaiah‬ *29:13‬ *NIV‬‬ http://bible.com/111/isa.29.13.niv

I had to read the verses before and after to get a context of who “these people” are. I still don’t understand. Could you please explain what this section is about? At face value I understand what the verse COULD mean, but it appears to be used in the context of something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amen and thank you

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
        I had to read the verses before and after to get a context of who “these people” are. I still don’t understand. Could you please explain what this section is about? At face value I understand what the verse COULD mean, but it appears to be used in the context of something else.

Pretty sure this is referring to the Jews.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post

Sorry for not get back to you sooner. The lord is talking about the children of Israel. “The Lord says: “These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. ( god is say that they love him but there hearts are not on him)Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.”( he is say that they worship other idols and they are sacrificing when they should be obeying his commandments)

Comment

Amen!

Comment

so much truth in that !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by txarrows View Post
                Sorry for not get back to you sooner. The lord is talking about the children of Israel. “The Lord says: “These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. ( god is say that they love him but there hearts are not on him)Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.”( he is say that they worship other idols and they are sacrificing when they should be obeying his commandments)

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X