Ezekiel Elliott blasts NFL after fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ezekiel Elliott blasts NFL after fine

Unsportsmanlike? If the NFL is looking at axing more of their ratings, their doing a good job. So I guess Kneeling during the National Anthem IS Sportsmanlike? So Dang Sad.

Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott scolded the NFL over a fine of more than $13,000 for dropping $21 into a Salvation Army kettle after scoring a touchdown in the team’s Thanksgiving game victory against the Washington Redskins.

so **** stupid

Comment

If anything, he's drawing attention towards the Salvation Army Lol

So scorers can dance like idiots and perform these elaborate, choreographed celebrations but "donating" to the Salvation Army pot is "unsportsmanlike?" That's where they draw the line?

EDIT: I don't remember who it was but there was another player that did the same thing after scoring on the same day. Dropped some cash (equaling his jersey number) in the salvation army kettle.
      Last edited by BlackHogDown; 12-07-2018, 08:42 AM.

Comment

So the fine was for an actual donation, not when he put Dak in the kettle? Ridiculous. Players have been fined before for jumping in the kettle, so that wouldn’t have surprised me. But for donating money? Really?
        NFL will get a lot of hate for this

Comment

Didn't a Saints player also pull money out of his knee area after scoring against the Cowboys and drop it into the kettle?

Comment

I don't understand the NFL's position on celebrations etc.

People watch the games to be entertained. Not because they have some illusion that every one of the guys on the field are professional and well mannered.

Comment

I would like to see the NFL donate the $13,000 to the Salvation Army

Comment

No Fun League

Bring on the XFL

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                  I would like to see the NFL donate the $13,000 to the Salvation Army
                  They won't, because the NFL is locked into the United Way, which is a more liberal group of charities.

Comment

"Money collected from fines goes to programs for former players, the paper reported." Didn't those guys already make enough when they were in the league? Maybe i'm wrong, but this seems like a fishy answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
                      "Money collected from fines goes to programs for former players, the paper reported." Didn't those guys already make enough when they were in the league? Maybe i'm wrong, but this seems like a fishy answer.
                      They have to pay those pensions.

Comment

"We make a lot, but we spend a lot."

Comment

I think it’s because there is a some what high percentage that end up going broke...

The NFL just keeps on digging a bigger hole for themselves all the time

Comment

Seems pretty stupid - Zeke's character has been questioned in the past but come on man. The guy is actually using his presence and name for a good cause. The fans liked it, the salvation army gets a little more awareness. This could all be intentionally created drama but all I'm hearing is the NFL doesn't want the salvation army to be able to provide items to needy kids?

Good for Zeke stating he'll pay their silly little fine and donate even more through matched funds of those who donate to the Salvation Army. I guess I'll go donate $21
                            Last edited by StrayDog; 12-07-2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

There are many former players still alive from when the NFL wasn't as lucrative as it is now.....and most made league minimum. I have no problems whatsoever with it.

That being said...the fine for using a prop in this instance is petty as hell

Comment

Working...
                              X