Any Grayson or Cooke county reports??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
    Few things moving around 9am this morning. Nothing big.
    I tried a 50yard shot on a coyote and missed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Oh wow you've got Turkey's? I've seen Rio's on the West side of Grayson, but none on the Eastside? Are they Eastern or Rio's?

Also not a lot of movement on Saturday, but did have two little bucks come within 10 yards, so I know it wasn't me scent.
    Last edited by blide; 11-27-2016, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I can't get out till next weekend...good luck to you all!

Comment

Originally posted by mdmorrow View Post
        Whereabouts roughly? I might be game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Bells area

Comment

Originally posted by blide View Post
          Oh wow you've got Turkey's? I've seen Rio's on the West side of Grayson, but none on the Eastside? Are they Eastern or Rio's?

Also not a lot of movement on Saturday, but did have two little bucks come within 10 yards, so I know it wasn't me scent.
          I think they are Easterns. I'n not a Turkey expert though. Ive only hunted Rio's. What would be the best way to tell the difference? Maybe some closer pics?

We've got that group and a bigger group. Big Toms in each. That one with this group has a triple beard. We are letting them all go this year and probably next in hopes they will populate.

I had the 4.5yo I saw earlier in season come by at 12 yards this morning about 730 and again at 745. Boy he will be NICE in a couple of years. He is every bit of 140" of slick 10, just not quite old enough yet. He has a Dinner pass for this year for sure. I sure hope our neighbors can hold their strings too. Back in this same spot this afternoon. I know it's only a matter of time before one of the big bucks comes down this trail I'm on. I haven't been skunked here yet this season. Now that I say that you can almost guess what will happen tonight.

Trail comes out, top left of image, from bedding areas towards out fields behind me. Makes a left turn about 30 yards away, center of image. Then exits, bottom left of image, passing 12 yards from my stand.

Last edited by SB09; 11-27-2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Grayson county has Eastern and Rio mix. Look for the dark tail feathers on the tips. Rio are a lighter color Eastern are a darker brown! They both eat good!

Comment

Had three doe pass 40 yards near my new house at 9:35 this morning. It I'm still moving and unpacking so no hunting for me.

Comment

Doe blew at me at 6am on my walk in. Still too dark to see, rain just let up and she was already moving

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

This morning should be a good one. Wish I could be out there. I had PTO scheduled until the Holiday rush on bid projects started on Friday. Everybody needs stuff this week. Great time for it. Good luck to all that get a chance to get in the stand.

Comment

Mature Buck Sighting 5 min ago nose to the ground

Comment

Hunted in East Texas for the last week, but I just checked my cameras here in Grayson. My deer are still nocturnal and not terribly interested in the feeder.

Will be getting out there a little bit this week

Comment

Got this guy yesterday 10am Cooke county time.

Comment

Originally posted by jljjdye View Post

Got this guy yesterday 10am Cooke county time.

Excellent!

Comment

great buck

Comment

Very nice buck! Congrats.

Comment

This was shot in Grayson a couple days before thanksgiving. Not by me but by a friend. I don't have any details but it's a very nice deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X