Any Grayson or Cooke county reports??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mission160BB View Post
    Planning on sitting a few hours in the morning. Has anyone seen chasing ?
    Not seeing any deer to say for sure, but they have to be doing it in Cooke, it happens right now every year.

Comment

One of the people we know that hunts around us shot a mature 8 Sunday evening. I can't post pictures out of respect for his wishes not to. But, he was definitely old and a slick 8.

We are also seeing increased activity at night by poachers/spotlighters. Luckily we ran them off before they could shoot. We were able to get a plate number and the GW is pursuing that person as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
        One of the people we know that hunts around us shot a mature 8 Sunday evening. I can't post pictures out of respect for his wishes not to. But, he was definitely old and a slick 8.

We are also seeing increased activity at night by poachers/spotlighters. Luckily we ran them off before they could shoot. We were able to get a plate number and the GW is pursuing that person as we speak.
        Good for you!

Comment

Nothing new

Didn't see a thing today

Comment

Sat till 10 am this morning. Had a coyote and 4 pt cruise by.

Comment

They were chasing pretty good over around Gordonville area through yesterday. Didnt see any activity where we were at today. Probably due to the high winds and weather.

Comment

Of course I see this guy driving home from the hunt.

I saw 7 does a 2.5yo 8 and a 4.5yo 10. No shooters.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Cameras telling me there was heavy chasing since about 11/14, but 99% of it at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                    Cameras telling me there was heavy chasing since about 11/14, but 99% of it at night.
                    This is us

Comment

No luck here either, sat all day Wednesday, Thursday, and this morning and still have seen nothing so far.

Comment

I have no daylight movement as well.

Comment

Later in the year?

This is my first year to hunt this county and frankly have been perplexed a bit compared to other areas I have hunted. What does history tell you about when deer are mostly harvested? Is it during the pre-rut, rut, or later in the season when it gets cold? I find it interesting that we are all seeing the same thing. Basically night activity with little to no activity during daylight hours. I am hoping that as temps start dropping, the deer start moving more regularly.

Comment

Yesterday morning about 20 min after 1st light had 1 doe about 200 yrds away. About 10 yrds behind her had a possible 150 plus following her every move. Climbed down to try my chances at a stalk. Wind in my face she busted me about 100 yards out. Crazy old lady blew and they both disappeared into thin air.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mission160BB View Post
                              This is my first year to hunt this county and frankly have been perplexed a bit compared to other areas I have hunted. What does history tell you about when deer are mostly harvested? Is it during the pre-rut, rut, or later in the season when it gets cold? I find it interesting that we are all seeing the same thing. Basically night activity with little to no activity during daylight hours. I am hoping that as temps start dropping, the deer start moving more regularly.
                              Welcome to Grayson County....people who come here expecting an easy hunt and a 180+ behind every tree usually leave highly disappointed and don't last long here.

Comment

I saw two bucks chasing a doe this morning one was a shooter just alittle two far out of range.

Comment

Working...
                                X