X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll be watching!

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
      Following... good luck. I also had a rifle built in both the 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC. Love them!
      How do you like the 300 prc? I thought about it but went the other way and ordered a 6mm creedmoor. I don’t know why guns have become fun again but they are!

Comment

Can't believe its finally go time. Will be impatiently waiting for updates Good luck, Doc!!!!

Comment

In for this. Good Luck Doc

Comment

Your live hunt's are the best ones. Good luck but by the looks of your groups at 300yds you don't need any luck.
            Looking forward to this one and I know we will get lots of pics.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
              How do you like the 300 prc? I thought about it but went the other way and ordered a 6mm creedmoor. I don’t know why guns have become fun again but they are!
              I did it just because the 6.5 was a little questionable (for me) for moose and really large game. I also did the exact build as the 6.5 so they feel exactly the same. To answer your question- I love it, recoil is very manageable and I was ringing steel at 1250 with ease. It is by far the best shooting rifle I have ever shot, but it honesty feels the same as the 6.5 and seems to be equally as accurate. The only advantage is size. You are so lucky!

Comment

Good luck Doc!

Comment

Beautiful rifle. Good luck

Comment

Good luck Doc and Happy New Year!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Do you mean to tell me that there really is a winner in the Grand Slam?? I thought it was an official state scam after entering all these years..! Simply incredible that it would be someone I "know" through the GS. Best of luck and can't wait to follow along.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                            My prc decision is a little involved! When it all started I wanted a lightweight rifle with a 24” barrel that would do most everything and be able to shoot 500-600 yards. I wanted a gun that would fit in my bowcase for travel and I wanted a carbon fiber barrel. I travel a fair amount to hunt and usually bowhunt only. Some hunts are so expensive I have carried rifle backup!(ex stone sheep) so that’s how it started.

Initially I had the rifle built as a 6.5-284 on a short action with extended magazine. It would cycle factory ammo fine but I had some ammo loaded for me. It wouldn’t cycle and drove me nuts. I started talking to Robert about what I wanted and I didn’t want to be like everyone else with a 6.5 creedmoor. I picked the prc because it had a bit more performance and everyone I talked to had been shooting lights out with the Hornsby ammo. So, that’s what I picked! I have only shot mine with the brake on but I have a thread protector as well. I love being on target after the shot and this gun does it. It’s been the best gun decision I have made and it’s just plain fun to shoot!!!!
                            Put a can on it and you will really love it.

Comment

Thats a sweet looking gun. Good Luck on the Slam

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                                X