Stolen boat tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen boat tags

I fished a tournament Saturday on Rayburn in my brothers boat. Sunday I was cleaning up the boat when I noticed there were two different orange registration tags on the boat, and they expired in 2008, and 2004. The current red 2020 tags were gone.....somebody stole the stinkin tags off the boat. I have a picture of the boat last weekend when we took it out and the tags were still the red 2020. So it happened sometime in the last week. It’s only $22 to replace them, but the thought of someone either stealing them from under my carport or while we were eating in a restaurant just burns me up. Anyone ever had this happen? What has the world come to...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read of at least one similar issue on TFF, I think the guy got a ticket from the GW. I've always just put the new sticker over the old on my boats, I assume its as easy as peel and go.

Comment

That sucks, I heard of them taken the license plate sticker also. I always Peel the old ones off and clean all the old glue off using a magic racer, make sure the new ones glue on good may not help. But might keep them from trying, they're harder to get off.

Comment

They took my license plate a couple years ago now I just keep them in my toolbox. I haven't been pulled over yet and I know I will but they ain't getting them again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Put them on your boat then take a razor blade and slice it a few times. When assclown tries to steal it comes off in small strips.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
            Put them on your boat then take a razor blade and slice it a few times. When assclown tries to steal it comes off in small strips.
            I like this idea. Thanks for sharing

Comment

I peel the old one off each year to make it harder. I slice the trailer tag but not the hull numbers

Comment

If the 2004 and 2008 stickers were showing, that means there's a pile of stickers all stuck together. Wonder if they could have just "came off"?

I try to remove previous years stickers for this very reason. With 1/16" - 1/8" layer of stickers sticking out, just a matter of time before a limb or stump rips them off.

Comment

after Harvey i had mine stolen and my license plate. not good

Comment

prolly just peeled it off and threw it away

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                      ^^^^Cut mine twice diagonal. They would be 4 triangles if someone tries to take them.

Comment

Dang man that bites it! Thanks for the advice on cutting them, never thought of that

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                          If the 2004 and 2008 stickers were showing, that means there's a pile of stickers all stuck together. Wonder if they could have just "came off"?

I try to remove previous years stickers for this very reason. With 1/16" - 1/8" layer of stickers sticking out, just a matter of time before a limb or stump rips them off.
                          Same thing I wondered but bet some low life peeled them off

Comment

When I switched the title to my boat a few months ago and got new tags the lady at parks and wildlife told me to not put the sticker over the old sticker.

Comment

The boat tags were put on by the previous owner, so that’s why they are stacked. We’ll make sure to pull them all off when the new stickers go on. My first thought was they might have come off, but there’s just no way. I used to stack them on my aluminum boat and have never lost one. They were on there good and I highly doubt both of them would have just came off in the same day. Corners would start slowly peeling up then eventually come off. Them things are sticky.

Thanks for the advice, I will probably slice them from now on. After they peel the first small strip they will decide it ain’t worth it and jet. There is some scum in this world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X