X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just don’t smoke

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Sorry if that’s harsh! I don’t understand “habits” that can’t be overcome. Lost a child to one, so my opinion is harsh and perhaps skewed.
      Easy to say bud. i have followed and remorsed along with you. I cannot imagine what you have gone through. People have different struggles and hurdles.

I also want to say I am not being mean or combative. Just a different perspective.
      Last edited by myway; 01-01-2019, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
        Easy to say bud. i have followed and remorsed along with you. I cannot imagine what you have gone through. People have different struggles and hurdles.

I also want to say I am not being mean or combative. Just a different perspective.
        Oh I agree with you. Everyone’s life experiences are different and everyone’s brain is wired differently.

Comment

Quitting is tough, but very doable. I got lucky and ended up getting a throat infection that lasted for about a month. It was so bad that I could only consume liquids. Ended up losing thirty pounds and came out of Tabacco free. When I finally got over everything I had already lost the cravings. Just stay strong and you got this.

Comment

Quitting is the easy part, not picking them back up is what is so difficult! I am about ready myself.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by joeperot View Post
              I went cold turkey 2 years ago in sept. smoked for 30+years and had to quit or die. I quit on a hunting trip
              to colorado. while we were to far to just run into town. set a goal from week to week or month to month and stick to it.
              bad thing is I told myself the money saved from smoking I could spend on guns so I bought a big gun safe and have
              just about filled it and still looking. the gun purchases have really helped me quit by turning smoke into a nice gun collection. I sure breath a lot better now.

Was going to do the same thing with dipping. My wife said the savings will go in the checking account, not to more guns.....so I have just kept on dipping

Comment

I tried every prescription and OTC drug there was, when Tina wanted me to quit. None of them worked.

When I decided that I wanted to quit, I quit cold turkey and never looked back.

YOU HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT!
                Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                Was going to do the same thing with dipping. My wife said the savings will go in the checking account, not to more guns.....so I have just kept on dipping

Well that's a great reason to not stop!

Comment

Open drawer at wk about to go on break, threw em in trash walked around building for 15 minutes. That was 15 yrs ago.

Comment

I quit smoking cigarettes 6 years ago by vaping.

Comment

Mental.....once you truly make up your mind you have it beat. Did it with the Cope and wife did with Marlboro

Comment

Wife and I both quit with vaping. Started out with pretty high nicotine level. Now 0 nicotine and has been 3 years without a cigarette, and 18 months nicotine free.

Comment

You'll probably get a bunch of good advice! In my experience.... don't mess around, just QUIT. It really helps to start getting rid of the positive thoughts connected with smoking. The taste, relaxation, etc. Replace them with negative thoughts: the cost, the stink, the stains, health problems, the coughing and spitting up, etc. It's hard to stop smoking when you're thinking about how wonderful a smoke is.

Get rid of anything in your house or car related to smoking. Anything.

Distract yourself with hobbies, going to movies, working in your shop, whatever. Stop thinking about it. If you can do this for about a week, you're home free. 2 weeks and you've got it whipped!

And careful about weight gain; it's real easy to substitute food for cigarettes.

You can do it!!

Comment

Step one: want to quit
                            Step two: stop buying them!!
                            Step three: stick to step one and don’t give up!

I quit 10 years ago and it wasn’t easy, but when I stopped buying them and told my friends and coworkers not to let me bum from then I eventually developed a strong dislike for them.
                            Cold turkey worked for me although I slipped up a few times but about halfway through that cig I put it out because it actually tasted gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Used snuff. Best way to quit is to quit. Don't substitute. Cold turkey and will power. Never pick up one again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
                                For me what finally worked was telling myself that if I had one more I would die. I was overweight. Smoked too much. Drank too much and had high blood pressure. I had quit before but it never felt like it was permanent when I made that pledge it felt real. I wit on my 39th birthday on January 18th that will be ten years I haven’t had a cig since then. I haven’t drank in nearly two years and I have lost 150 pounds you can do it. You just have to make it serious and be willing to change your life. That’s what worked for me. Hope it works for you. Good luck

Bud.
                                Awesome! And you have the same birthday as me!

Comment

Working...
                                X