Couple of nice bucks from Bee County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.trevor123 View Post
    Were those videos on the first weekend of november? We hunt about 6 miles from you
    Yes...they were from Saturday and Sunday mornings opening weekend of rifle season. Where abouts is your place?

Comment

Dang nice deer

Comment

Man that 10 point is nice!

Comment

Yeah...I am regretting passing him up. I hope I get another chance or that nobody else on the lease gets him.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
            Yes...they were from Saturday and Sunday mornings opening weekend of rifle season. Where abouts is your place?
            Literally 6 miles from 2441 towards Beeville off of 202. Nice to see you are close. Enjoy hearing how people close to us are doing. Yah that’s a nice one, hopefully you see him again.

Comment

Originally posted by j.trevor123 View Post
              Literally 6 miles from 2441 towards Beeville off of 202. Nice to see you are close. Enjoy hearing how people close to us are doing. Yah that’s a nice one, hopefully you see him again.
              Cool! How has your deer season gone so far? We have a pretty neat place. 1200ac+- with only 4 spots, so we don't have a ton of pressure. Not a ton of pressure around us either. I didn't hear a single shot go off opening weekend of rifle season.

Comment

Well to be honest I have not gotten to go yet this year, have some time off coming up though. This past weekend deer were moving a lot, saw them on my wireless camera. But I have never had good luck until after thanksgiving, so I always focus on going then if work is busy. A few guys hunted the weekend you videod and if was slow for them.

Comment

We re on 1800 acres, most of the properties around us manage well like us

Comment

Gotcha...I've killed my best deer after Thanksgiving as well on our place. The first year I got on the lease, I thought I had made a mistake the first several hunts. I just wasn't seeing anything. Then things started picking up and by December my mind was set at ease. LOL. We had 3 hunters opening morning and we all saw decent deer and activity.
                    Sunday morning was SLOOOOOOOOOOOW. Only saw the buck in the 3rd video right after the front blew in. I've thought about investing in a couple of the wireless cameras. Which one do you have? What service? Pretty reliable?

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
                      I hope you do too. Where in Bee County is your lease? There are some good bucks in the county for sure.
                      About six miles east of Beeville.

Comment

Originally posted by billinkb View Post
                        About six miles east of Beeville.
                        Right on! Good luck this season.

Comment

Nice looking deer!

Comment

By the way. When does the rut usually start around Bee County?

Comment

Originally posted by billinkb View Post
                              By the way. When does the rut usually start around Bee County?
                              I’m in Bee County also. It usually starts around Thanksgiving but seems to me the first week in December is when it’s at its peak.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                                I’m in Bee County also. It usually starts around Thanksgiving but seems to me the first week in December is when it’s at its peak.
                                This has been my experience as well. I've shot my best bucks Mid-December.

Comment

Working...
                                X