No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta hunt down that 2nd doe real quick. The bucks are about to get fired up.

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
    Wow! Im jealous of your spot. The only deer I've seen are on a game cam in the middle of the night. Guess i need to work on my scouting.

Comment

Decided to sit tonight.... some guy is driving a white motorcycle up and down the trailhead.

Sometimes I don't know why I bother.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
        Decided to sit tonight.... some guy is driving a white motorcycle up and down the trailhead.

Sometimes I don't know why I bother.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
        I'm out as well. Had some Dad walk through the woods with his son and decided to stop 10 yards from me and teach him about different leaves and had him pick some acorns. Then some Mom and son come and stop nearby and let their dogs off their leashes to work on training them. Naturally both ran right in front of me to my corn and hung out for a while before they decided to yell at the dogs and they finally left. Public land hunting at its finest...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
          I'm out as well. Had some Dad walk through the woods with his son and decided to stop 10 yards from me and teach him about different leaves and had him pick some acorns. Then some Mom and son come and stop nearby and let their dogs off their leashes to work on training them. Naturally both ran right in front of me to my corn and hung out for a while before they decided to yell at the dogs and they finally left. Public land hunting at its finest...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Should have asked them if they had seen any deer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That happened to me on closing day when I had my golden ticket doe at the feeder. This old man was off the trail walking his dog which chased the deer away. I was literally in full draw when the dogs came in. I just laughed and the guy saw me and was very apologetic. Public land man, blessed to be able to be out there. Get em!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
              Gotta hunt down that 2nd doe real quick. The bucks are about to get fired up.
              um they been going for almost 3 weeks now!

Comment

They are full tilt. Have seen 4 bucks this week in yRd never seen before. Maybe a week left at most I would guess

Comment

Good luck hunting today. Some kind of mountain bike race going on all around the lake today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Put down my golden ticket doe this morning, heading back out tomorrow. I had a nice wide 9 come through 45 minutes before the doe, maybe he'll swing back by in the morning.

Comment

Get em Big!!

Comment

Heading out for afternoon hunt

Comment

Just got done with yet another unsuccessful sit. Have yet to see a deer in person. Got a pretty nice 8 pointer that tends to come by between midnight and 3 am. He comes by way more frequently than any does though. Starting to think ill be the luckiest man in texas if i end up killing anything this season.

Comment

Anybody ever decided to scout out and set up a brand new spot midseason? Seems like a **** move since everybody has already settled in... im just kicking myself for my lack of scouting skills

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                              Anybody ever decided to scout out and set up a brand new spot midseason? Seems like a **** move since everybody has already settled in... im just kicking myself for my lack of scouting skills
                              I have. But I will only scout off trail on weekdays to give everything time to settle. I also back out if I find others set ups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_ View Post
                                I have. But I will only scout off trail on weekdays to give everything time to settle. I also back out if I find others set ups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                                Thanks. Good to know. I definitely want to be respect everyone else's setups.

Comment

Working...
                                X