• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep spike, antlerless permit

Comment

Originally posted by Buckcoufal View Post
      Yep spike, antlerless permit
      Oh ok. I ddn't see where they did draw hunts for that.
      For that place, I would use climber or lock on. A ground blind would work if you can find a spot that you can see out at least 100yds.

Comment

Any luck?

Comment

Shot a hog yesterday morning. He went 60 yards before we saw blood. Eagle eye son tracked him. It was a good shot just through the thick shoulder. Took a while for blood to exit.

I would definitely use an elevated blind. We were 15 feet up and still couldn't see through the ragweed, which is about six feet in places. One thing we found while tracking Mr pig was a lot of bedding areas in the ragweed. It was hard to tell if these were deer or pig areas but many were single beds I bet were buck beds. They were just inside the weeds with prevailing wind to their back. Hogs were everywhere but they move mostly through the weeds alot. My son almost got run over by two.

For those that were out there and know, we lost our brakes and had to limp in to yesterday morning's hunt on emergency brakes. We were able to drive to Palestine and fixed them in the O'Reilly's parking lot and made it home ok. I was supposed go back today but will be back either Wednesday or Sunday..

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
            Any luck?
            Negative. Only was able to hunt Saturday morn & eve and Sunday morn. Didn't see anything while in the blind, but did see 2 does on the way to the stand Saturday afternoon and two does on the way out Sunday morning. Twas hot hot hot, and I had a 7yr old sneezing-coughing-fidgeting fart machine with me in the ground blind, so perhaps wasnt the best recipe for success haha

Comment

Glad you were able to get it fixed. I and my buddy will be back Friday but no motorhome, we'll rough it in a motel. Best of luck guys, C-YA then

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                Glad you were able to get it fixed. I and my buddy will be back Friday but no motorhome, we'll rough it in a motel. Best of luck guys, C-YA then
                It was good to meet you. Fun times changing a caliper in the auto parts parking lot.

I'm hunting Wednesday morning then pulling out. I hear there may be some rain Friday but I don't know if that is just for the metromess or Palestine as well. Good luck. What I don't shoot I'll scare your way.

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
                  Negative. Only was able to hunt Saturday morn & eve and Sunday morn. Didn't see anything while in the blind, but did see 2 does on the way to the stand Saturday afternoon and two does on the way out Sunday morning. Twas hot hot hot, and I had a 7yr old sneezing-coughing-fidgeting fart machine with me in the ground blind, so perhaps wasnt the best recipe for success haha
                  My son and I were setting behind you at the orientation. A seven year old's concept of being quiet is quite different from an adults. Wait until he is 16 and yelling at you cause you aren't quiet enough.

Comment

It was great to meet you guys. I didn’t realize some of you were TBHers.

Wish I had found my hog... but I had a great time regardless. BLB is a beautiful, target rich place.

Highly recommended, to anyone looking to apply in the future.

Comment

A few pics.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
                        Only thing bad about midgets is they grow up too fast. Fun times Dad.

Comment

Neat Pics. I always forget to take pictures.

Comment

What is the camp ground like? Is there any shade?

Comment

Originally posted by Tpemberton View Post
                              What is the camp ground like? Is there any shade?
                              It is essentially a parking lot. No bathrooms. No shade.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive been told camping at gus engling is worth the drive if you are hunting blb. That is if you dont want to camp ina gravel parking lot

Comment

Working...
                                X