Flooring question?? LVT PLANK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flooring question?? LVT PLANK

Anyone have recent experience with installing luxury vinyl tile plank flooring?

We are prepping our house for sell and considering putting in LVT.

One contractor is bidding a “floating” option. Any big concerns on floating vs glued down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
    Anyone have recent experience with installing luxury vinyl tile plank flooring?

We are prepping our house for sell and considering putting in LVT.

One contractor is bidding a “floating” option. Any big concerns on floating vs glued down?

I’ve been installing flooring for over 20 years... floating is the most common for Luxury vinyl.

Comment

I installed the Lifeproof brand in my home. Get constant compliments & have zero complaints. It was either this or elongated tile that looks like wood. This was cheaper & easier to install.

Comment

I like the stuff that we just put down in the lake house, it’s not even a very expensive LVT and it looks nice

But aside from that....I’m not a fan of picking floors for someone else to live with.

Is there no flooring there now?

Has the Dallas market cooled to be point that you can’t sell it with offering a flooring allowance?

What does your realtor say you should install?

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
          I like the stuff that we just put down in the lake house, it’s not even a very expensive LVT and it looks nice

But aside from that....I’m not a fan of picking floors for someone else to live with.

Is there no flooring there now?
          Stained concrete throughout entire house with carpet in bedrooms. Had foundation repaired and they had to tear up part on my stained concrete in living room.

Comment

I just put down Lifeproof LVP at our lakehouse. Looks great. Wanted something waterproof since it will be a vrbo. I am also putting down in a rental house.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
              Stained concrete throughout entire house with carpet in bedrooms. Had foundation repaired and they had to tear up part on my stained concrete in living room.
              Ahhhh...

If you are using a realtor, ask for their suggestion as to what will sell the best in your market.

If you don’t have one, I used a super one earlier last year....

Comment

Yeah we installed in our house over an engineered hardwood and love it.

Floating is normal.

About to install about 3k ft of it in my wife's office.

Comment

If selling I don't think it would matter either way. If I was keeping it, glue down without overlapping edges are much easier to replace if damaged.

Comment

I install a lot of this in my commercial projects. I prefer glue down with the releasable glue. All I ever use is like tongue and groove, make sit lay good and no complaints.

Comment

Replaced laminate with LVP in our kitchen, living room, and hallways and we love it! It’s very quiet compared to the laminate (can barely hear our 2 labs walking down the hall where as with the laminate it sounded like 2 buffalo). Nice thing about the LVP is you can cut with a razor knife vs having to use a saw. Flexes as well so it’s easier to get that right fit in and around door jams and trim work.

Comment

did it today in the master bath, looks good and painless except for my knees.

Comment

I am doing both bathrooms and a kitchen with the vinyl. Got a smokin deal on wood lam for the rest of the house. Now if my back will let up a bit I can get it finished.

Comment

Working...
                          X