No announcement yet.

John deere or Mahindra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a JD 3032 last year and it does all I need it to do. If I had to do it over I would have bought the 3038 just for the few more HP. I looked at the Mahindra too. My decision was based a lot on a friend of mine has a Mahindra and it is uncomfortable. Could just be me.

Comment

No complaints out of my Mahindra!

Comment

I have a 45hp Mahindra for 15 yrs now and it is bulletproof. very reliable. and lots cheaper than green or orange. It is a lot heavier frame machine than any of the china tractors.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
          New or used. John Deere does have parts and service but it is VERY expensive if not under warranty. I am going to be a bit abrasive in this farm community, BUT I have a good friend that is now selling Yanmar. A group I knew nothing about, but seems to be gaining ground and steam in the market. Just from what I have seen, they are competitively priced and do well on service themselves.
          Guess the point I am making is this. Sure Either tractor you asked about will get the job done and with enough pennies can be worthwhile. There are other options, and you owe it to yourself to find out about them.
          Yanmar builds the drivetrains for the compact utilitiy JDs

Comment

on my second small Mahindra, only because Harvey claimed the first one,,, I didn't even go look at anything else when I bought the second, the first one was all I wanted or needed!

Comment

Originally posted by drycreek3189 View Post
              kubota !
              x100

Comment

What year did manufacturers start using DEF in tractors ?
                I have started looking for used ones

Comment

no problem ,i have both,buy mahindra, Reubicon interntional in Austin carrries parts, the new jd"s are plastic .

Comment

I got a Mahindra 5570 a couple years ago. It's been awesome, the universal attach loader mount is worth it alone...

I have a great dealer near me that has his own tractor repair business, his shop rate, should I ever have to use it, is half of what the JD one is..

Comment

I'd go with Deere... matter of fact I did go with Deere... All attachments are Deere, and got a tractor big enough to use either class II or Class I implements. With the iMatch, I can change implements literally in a minute or 2... I run the heck out of it and it does what I need it to do Great service out of my dealer. When I was a kid my dad and uncles all had Deere tractors... I've never found a reason to change... And no DEF either... Guy I bought our farm from had a Mahindra because his brother-in-law had a dealership... said he'd never do that again... wished he'd had his old Deere back...

Just a Ford, Chebby, Dodge thing I guess, but I don't see no need to fix something that ain't broke.

Comment

I don’t own a tractor so what I’m about to say is just what I have read when researching tractors to one day buy one.

JD rules when it comes down to service on tractors that are under warranty. JD is very proud of their service departments. So proud that they refuse to release software so farmers can work on their own equipment. That bothers me about JD.

Yanmar is not new to building small engines. They have been building small engines for DECADES and are VERY good at it.

Beyond that, all the big names are pretty good. Find one with a dealership close to you.

Comment

Mahindra, have 30hp and it's a tough sucker. Well worth the money. The front end loader bucket quick attach will work with any skid steer type attachment.

Comment

Never thought I would ever say this. Mahindra. Grew up driving John Deere eqpt. From tractors to combines and cotton pickers. You get a lot better smaller machine these days from Kubota and Mahindra. Just picked up a new Mahindra package myself.

Comment

Mihindra

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                                Yanmar builds the drivetrains for the compact utilitiy JDs
                                This. If you are looking at the small JD's you might as well get a yanmar. Save a little money on a nearly identical tractor.

But, ultimately they will all break down at some point. So, I'd go with the one that has the best shop/mehcanics/service trucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X