No announcement yet.

Amber Guyger indicted for murder? Wow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shooting was investigated and specific evidence and facts that we the public aren't aware of were presented to the grand jury. Until those facts are known to the public people should stop making assumptions as to what transpired.

Prayers up to those involved and the family of the deceased.

Comment

The issue does turn on "intent," alright, but what can and should be argued is just "who" she intended to kill. It's unlikely that she intended to kill the church choir member; rather, she intended to kill an intruder in what she thought was her apartment, laying in wait to do her harm. It's tragic that these two possibilities represented the same person.

This presumes that the generally known facts are basically accurate. It would also seem to conform with the recommendations of the Texas Rangers, based on their investigation.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
        I'm wondering why they let Botham John's family testify before the Grand Jury? What facts could they provide? Seems to me it let a lot of emotion into the fact finding proceedings.
        To play on the emotions is the only explaination. "Oh, my boy was a good boy," in order to get the murder indictment.

A lot of my friends are defense attorneys in Dallas County and say it is one political screw up.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
          To play on the emotions is the only explaination. "Oh, my boy was a good boy," in order to get the murder indictment.

A lot of my friends are defense attorneys in Dallas County and say it is one political screw up.

Not that a persons character should matter in the event they’re murdered, but he wasn’t just a good guy, he was an excellent guy.

The screw up was when she went into his apartment and killed him.

I hope she goes away for a long, long time. Anyone else would.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
            So you think murder charges are the appropriate charges?

I spouted off what I did based on the limited information that is available to us as well as the press conference. There may be some shocking information that comes out during the trial that may justify the charges but I would be surprised. It was stated in the press conference that the city of Dallas in special prosecutor some such or another had interviewed over 300 Witnesses and implied that the Texas Rangers did not do that. Just that statement alone sounds utterly ridiculous to me. I have a lot more faith in the Texas Rangers gathering all the information and putting the case together to present to the district attorney than the Dallas politicians.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Special prosecutors aren’t politicians.

Also, won’t the lesser charge of manslaughter be included at trial in case they don’t get the murder conviction?

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post

What do you expect uninvolved defense attorneys to say? They have nothing else at this point to hang their hats on.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post

Also, won’t the lesser charge of manslaughter be included at trial in case they don’t get the murder conviction?
                Looks like that can only happen if you're charged with capital murder:

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/D.../htm/PE.19.htm

And based upon manslaughter and murder both being listed under "criminal homicide", I'd say you can't be tried for them together for a single death, or tried for another if one fails (double jeopardy). But I'm no lawyer.
                Last edited by sir shovelhands; 12-01-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                  Not that a persons character should matter in the event they’re murdered, but he wasn’t just a good guy, he was an excellent guy.

The screw up was when she went into his apartment and killed him.

I hope she goes away for a long, long time. Anyone else would.
                  Well, probably so, BUT, GJs are there to listen to facts. Parents were not at the scene, therefore, have NO facts and should not hvae been allowed to testify. PERIOD....

And, I am not saying she was right or wrong, as I was not there, did not witness anything and did not investigate anything. But, I do know some of the investigators that work for the DA, and although they are friends, they couldn't investigate their way out of a wet paperbag with openings on both ends. That is why they are working where they are. And to say the DAs office interviewed 300 witnesses is BS. They may have spoken with 300 people, but these people aren't witnesses to the incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    What do you expect uninvolved defense attorneys to say? They have nothing else at this point to hang their hats on.
                    Well, maybe, maybe not. But most defense attorneys were prosecutors in their former lives, and some were even cops and went to law school while working the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      Although far fetched, but lets say that you, as a firefighter, had a fire at your home that killed little Johnny's cat, and I am using cat because I want this to sound as silly as possible. And little Johnny's parents are all up in arms, belong to PETA, lifelong members of SPCA and worship cats. And the fire was because you left the candle lit in the bathroom because you had just finished your business after making a pot of firehouse chilly and demolishing it.

Now, as a former or current FF, you know better, or should have known better, to leave an unattended candle, lit in an enclosed area where there were possibly some exploives, toxic fumes lingering. They feel you should be prosecuted for animal abuse, cruelty to animals, blah blah blah.....

Its a BS accident, or so you thought until Catwoman shows up to GJ and testifies with facts about you being a cat hater, and she knows this because the other cats in the neighborhood have told her about you.

Blah blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post

When you work directly under a district attorney that is an elected official there's politics involved. What little bit I've heard is that they can go for murder and if it's not provable then they can go to a lesser charge but I don't know that to be a fact so take it with a grain of salt.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

What she did was tragic. For everyone!
                          She will get punished and already has to quite an extent. It's gonna be with her the rest of her life. On top of this Dallas is also using her as a sacrificial lamb since it's a white on black case. Of this there is no doubt.
                          I'm glad the indictment was for murder since it sets the bar so high for any jury to convict. Maybe too high and that's in her favor. It ain't over by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            What she did was tragic. For everyone!
                            She will get punished and already has to quite an extent. It's gonna be with her the rest of her life. On top of this Dallas is also using her as a sacrificial lamb since it's a white on black case. Of this there is no doubt.
                            I'm glad the indictment was for murder since it sets the bar so high for any jury to convict. Maybe too high and that's in her favor. It ain't over by any means.
                            How has she been punished?

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                              If I walked into your house and shot you dead, I’d get murder charge.
                              Hush now! [emoji33]That is too much like right.[emoji6]
                              Prayers to the family.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                                maybe they went with a murder charge knowing it won't stick?.

bingo

Comment

Working...
                                X