No announcement yet.

GM Layoffs - Frustrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump just tweeted that he is looking at cutting all of GM's subsidies including electric cars

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
      Ford is doing fine
      Have you seen their stock?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Trump just tweeted that he is looking at cutting all of GM's subsidies including electric cars
        Something should be done

Comment

Interesting term used when it comes to large corporations. When talking about our fellow Americans (or non Americans) it is welfare. The business in the middle gets nothing but an array of taxes and filing deadlines.

Comment

I think Donnie used the right term. I dont think the Feds should be in the car business in the first place, but they atleast capped the number to help the smaller dealers.

Trump said he is “looking at cutting all GM subsidies” following the announcements. Currently, consumers can take advantage of a $7,500 federal tax credit if they purchase an all-electric vehicle, which includes GM vehicles including the Chevrolet Bolt and Chevrolet Volt. The federal tax credits begin to phase out after a manufacturer sells 200,000 electric cars, a limit which GM and other automakers have been lobbying Congress to lift.

Comment

The Volt... Lol

Comment

He can't
                But Congress can

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  Looked at and drove a $115,000.00 Cadillac last week and was shocked at how behind the times it was. Impala level of bells and whistles.......
                  Well you clearly looked at the wrong model amigo...there is only one caddy WORTH owning & that is the 640HP CTS-V, but then again I'm only concerned with whats under the hood & can handle impala bells & whistles.

Get this one and report back...I think you get a track day in vegas with this & the Z06 vette. Why GM doesn't offer this with the ZL1 Camaro is insulting. Heck, it's the same LT4 engine mine even has 10 more HP & yet no track day Vegas for us bottom feeders?? Yeah, GM sucks.

I seriously want to drive this sedan:

Last edited by Artos; 11-27-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    Well you clearly looked at the wrong model amigo...there is only one caddy WORTH owning & that is the 640HP CTS-V, but then again I'm only concerned with whats under the hood & can handle impala bells & whistles.

Get this one and report back...I think you get a track day in vegas with this & the Z06 vette. Why GM doesn't offer this with the ZL1 Camaro is insulting. Heck, it's the same LT4 engine mine even has 10 more HP & yet no track day Vegas for us bottom feeders?? Yeah, GM sucks.

I seriously want to drive this sedan:

https://www.cadillac.com/v-series/ct.../photo-gallery
                    What Cadillac is worth 115? I thought the V’s topped out at around 95?

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post

I don't know, unless they put that motor from the CTS-V in the suburban sized Caddy.

I have been in a Caddy in the last year, and it didn't look anything like a Malibu, but my pickup has ballsack coolers now, so...what do I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

US automakers have two problems...poor quality, and high prices. And the main contributor to those two problems over the last 30 years BY FAR....is the United Autoworkers UNION. That's a fact, folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          US automakers have two problems...poor quality, and high prices. And the main contributor to those two problems over the last 30 years BY FAR....is the United Autoworkers UNION. That's a fact, folks!

Let it be written...let it be done!

Comment

I'm sure it was the CTS-V he was looking at but normally not seen by most GM dealers. That is usually an ADM (additional dealer mark-up) Ford tactic...they tried it on me with the GT350R before I found out about the ZL1 & also when Dad wanted to buy the new A10 17 Raptor.

Cannot tell you what a great pleasure it was in telling the Ford salesman who called me wanting to deal after the fact:

Ford: "Just wanted you to know you are the first buyer to EVER get a GT350R at only $1k over sticker."

Me: "Thanks, have you heard about the new 10 speed 650HP Camaro ZL1...there is going to be a very limited release of the 50yr anniversary due to the late launch."

Ford: "Yeah, a little."

Me: "Remember when I told you and the sales manager I would never pay more than sticker & you both sorta looked at each other and rolled your eyes."

Ford: crickets

Me: The Chevy dealer down the road only had two allocations & allowed me to place an order. They even accepted all GM discounts & got $3k off sticker for a very desirable 50th anniversary car that is faster & handles better than the 350 you want to bless me with an ADM of $1k."

Ford: Crickets

Me: "Hello, I took position of it last month, wanna see it."

Ford: "I understand sir."

Me: "Save my number & only call me when/if you get one of the new GT500's and willing to give me dibs on one at sticker."

Ford: Crickets

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

We agree here Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                I'm sure it was the CTS-V he was looking at but normally not seen by most GM dealers.
                                Escalade platinum edition is about 95k base and can get to around $110k with options

For that type of coin he could be in a e63 wagon
                                Seats 7 and has 600 something ponies

Comment

Working...
                                X