• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unions busting them. Plus crappy product

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      Innovate and keep up.....or go under.

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      The US doesn't want American made sedans...we want big trucks, fast sports cars, SUV's & crossovers. GM didn't have much choice & better to make these moves now vs saving everybody's job, continue to loose $$$$ & get the tax payer to bail GM out again & the process starts all over.

My understanding is all the plants affected are tooled for sedans.

Comment

junk product, over priced, a lot!
        cars that are to small to use for anything,,,, dang motorcycles are as big as some of the cars...

quit shafting people on warranty repairs,,
        no body really wants an electric car,, there just trying to make you think you do ( city slicker, and sheeple) fall for that crap.....

many foreign car makers make a better car, sell it for less and back it up better,,, and chevy already has massive problems with electronic parts now,,, the last thing they need to do is make electric cars!!!!

Comment

You can't pay people not to work forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post

cars that are to small to use for anything,,,, dang motorcycles are as big as some of the cars...

no body really wants an electric car,, there just trying to make you think you do ( city slicker, and sheeple) fall for that crap.....

many foreign car makers make a better car, sell it for less and back it up better,,, and chevy already has massive problems with electronic parts now,,, the last thing they need to do is make electric cars!!!!

Unions, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              There's not a lack of demand for new trucks, there's a lack of demand for $75K trucks. Bring back the base model work trucks with a towing pks and a little trim and trhey'd start selling some trucks.

Cuts like they're making today says GM and their unions will need another bail-out in two or three years.
              Yes sir. Miss my old 1970 C20 with 350/350 four bolt, large capacity radiator and 4:10 positrac, 4 spd granny. That thing would pull a mountain. Only lasted for 252K miles. I did have to replace a water pump and alternator and shocks one time It actually got decent gas mileage for a 4 barrel carb.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Unions, bro.
                My Dad worked a job at a Kroger warehouse for 10 years after his Service. The week he hit 10 years is when he quit. He will have a pretty decent little amount of money coming to him every month when the time comes because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  The US doesn't want American made sedans...we want big trucks, fast sports cars, SUV's & crossovers. GM didn't have much choice & better to make these moves now vs saving everybody's job, continue to loose $$$$ & get the tax payer to bail GM out again & the process starts all over.

My understanding is all the plants affected are tooled for sedans.
                  Looked at and drove a $115,000.00 Cadillac last week and was shocked at how behind the times it was. Impala level of bells and whistles.......

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post

That statement would apply to all 3 US car companies. I drive a gmc and wife drives a Ford so I ain’t partial to one brand or another.

Comment

Ford is doing fine

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        You can't pay people not to work forever.

That's kinda what a pension is.
                        Paying folks who aren't currently working for you and producing current income.

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                          Ford is doing fine
                          According to this article it looks like Ford already has planned to go all truck and suv but the Mustang. So I would assume they are feeling the pinch but not as bad as Chevy is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                            According to this article it looks like Ford already has planned to go all truck and suv but the Mustang. So I would assume they are feeling the pinch but not as bad as Chevy is right now.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...ure-cars-ford/
                            Ya - this GM thing is shining an unfavorable light on Ford as well.

Says their issues/cutbacks are forthcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                              Ya - this GM thing is shining an unfavorable light on Ford as well.

Says their issues/cutbacks are forthcoming.
                              Ford's financial report in October showed an 11 percent decline in sales for 2018. Their trucks are keeping them afloat.

Comment

They need to get more of the autonomous option out there in a gas powered sedan and SUV not. The features of the Tesla with the range and quick fillups you get from gas.

I'd go out and buy one if they would get it done. I don't give a crap about hybrids and all electric but the self driving features of the Tesla are very nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X