Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    Didn't shoot it long enough.

You may be right, I just couldn't ever get comfortable with moving the pin every shot and being confident it's in the right spot. Really it wasn't the sight that was bad it was mainly me, I couldn't ever get the sight tape done exact, so it was always a little off. I did like it on those 60-70 yd shots though.

Comment

I am going to make the switch this weekend. I am nervous about switching this close to season but that just gives me an excuse to shoot more.

Comment

What ever works best for you.. Been bow hunting now for 29 years. I like a basic 3 pin site. I have used the single pin, always thinking I will forget to adjust the site. But then I hunted N Az and shots range from 20-60 yards . But that may change with my new Hoyt carbon turbo.. Not sure yet.

Comment

If you switch to single pin, I will bet that you will love it. Spot and stalking if you don't know the distances right away can take some practice if your animals are moving a lot. But I love my HHA and wouldn't go to Multi again.

Comment

Love single when 3-d shooting. Not for hunting. Multiple pin slider. Last thing I wanna do is adjust a 20yd to 40 when game is right there. Seconds matter at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Can't see a good reason to ever go to multi pin.

With the speed of todays bows, you can set it at 25 and drop it in the kill zone out to about 35.
              ^^^^^ This right here

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                I have about 5 times over the years. Hated it. Went back to single. Main thing is what works best you not me.
                I tried a single pin a couple of times but never felt comfortable with it. I tried in at shooting 3D and soon took it off and my score improved considerably. Like Ragin said, what works for you may not work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
                  Once you go single you never go back
                  true ^^^ on all accounts

this is my first year with a single pin. i bought a used tommy hogg single pin and put spot hogg's new double pin(single) scope on it.

main pin set to 20

bottom pin ends up at about 38 yards (on my 70 lb switchback).

i can really easily shoot 30 by aiming between the two or 40 by aiming just under the bottom pin slightly.

all of that without touching the dial

practice has been going well. hope my hunts go equally as well for accuracy

Comment

So what single pin sight do yall recommend? I have never tried one.

Comment

I love my react trio. Seems like the best of both worlds and I only use two pins out to 120 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
                        So what single pin sight do yall recommend? I have never tried one.
                        It honestly depends on your pocket book. If you aren't worried about dropping some serious dough, get a Hogg father. If that is too much, you can try the trophy ridge react one. If that is still too much, give HHA a look. If that doesn't fit the budget, look at the truglo Range Rover.

Each of these is a pretty good representative of it's price range (IMO). I started with a trophy ridge pursuit, and while it worked, I like the design of the Range Rover a bit more for the price range. My favorite of all is the spott Hogg Hogg father, but that is just too much $$$ for me, so I will stick with my TR react one.

Comment

I had a trophy Ridge React one up til yesterday. Used it in Colorado last month chasing elk. I kept wondering what would happen if I had ranged the animal, it spooked, and then gave me another opportunity.

While that never happened in Colorado, it did happen yesterday. Had a doe at 35, she spooked when I drew and ran to about 45, then stopped and looked. I guess I could have held higher and shot, but I'm shooting a pretty heavy arrow. Nevertheless, that doe is still alive, and I went back to Cabela's and swapped it out for the Trophy Ridge React 5 pin model.

The only real downside to the Trophy Ridge React one, if you're looking at it, is the sight quiver bracket absolutely sucks. It puts your quiver about 4 inches out from your bow. A Tightspot Quiver won't work with that sight unless you get a riser mounted quiver bracket. Plus, if you're looking at single pins, a MBG is cheaper and the warranty is better!

Comment

I just changed this year to a HHA om a new elit energy 35 I like it a bunch. Would recommend you to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                              I go back and forth between fixed and sliders. The last couple years I have been shooting Hogg fathers with either 3 or 4 pins. I use the 4 pins out west. Gives me fixed pins to 50 yds and I can dial to the yard to about 110-120 yds. It's the best of both worlds for me. I think single pins are better suited for deer hunting and stands but that is my opinion.
                              my thoughts exactly. I use a single pin for 3D and whitetail hunting. Would probably use a single pin for pronghorn where shots were long range. But for elk and mule deer I switched back to a multi pin. Adjusting while an elk is coming in or a mule deer buck is trotting through the trees doesnt work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
                                I love my react trio. Seems like the best of both worlds and I only use two pins out to 120 yards.
                                This is the sight I am currently shooting, for the reasons stated. I dont have any plans to switch.

Comment

Working...
                                X