Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fishing Cabo San Lucas - Recommendation???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing Cabo San Lucas - Recommendation???

We are going to Cabo the middle of February. I was wanting to try to catch my nemesis (sailfish), but it doesn’t look like a great time of the year. I would also be interested in fishing for Rooster fish since it looks like the bite would be better that time of the year.

Do any of you regulars have any recommendations on sail fish vs. rooster fish? Also any charter recommendations for either?

I have read Pisces and Red Rum for bill fish?

TIA

I wouldn’t do it. I fished with nice there and it SUCKED! Wind kicked up night before the trip and we rode 20’ waves in a 29’ boat for 4 hours coming back in. MISERABLE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t know of any time of year that’s good for sailfish in Cabo. Now October and November is amazing for Striped Marlin. Good luck

Comment

We fished The Charter Boat Classic tournament this year with Capt Nicolas on the Adrianna which is part of the Pisces fleet. To say we were disappointed would be an understatement. The other boats in the Pisces fleet did much better. In Cabo all the boats fly flags showing their days catch when they come in. So you could wait until you get there and see who’s hot and book with them or one of their sister boats.

Comment

I fish with red rum for all my tuna and bill fishing trips in Cabo. For roosterfish I use a private super panga. We bump troll the pacific shoreline with big eyes, usually about 10 miles north. It can get a little rough if the wind is wrong, but normally rollers.

Comment

For roosters head up the coast to los brialles (sp).

I've fished with red rum and have nothing but good to say. A friend was there last week and the fishing was epic. They hammered the tuna and caught 4 bill fish.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far!

Comment

Red Rum no doubt

Comment

Red Rum is american owned and american run. Very easy to deal with. Also while you're down there stop by Sancho's on the marina. Owned and run by two texas girls. Margo and Coco. Great food and awesome little bar.

Comment

Red Rum runs a good outfit & they donate multiple trips annually. They are Texans as well. Have fun!

Comment

Red rum. Went in November on a 6hr trip. Caught 3 nice dorado and a 140lb marlin.

Comment

Tough time of the year, with rough water and hard to find fish. Would suggest looking into going around to East Cape (40 minutes) and fishing in the Los Barrilles area with one of the resorts. Hotel Buena Vista, Rancho Leonero, Palmas de Cortez, Punta Colorado would all be good for roosters and striped marlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Blank View Post
                          Tough time of the year, with rough water and hard to find fish. Would suggest looking into going around to East Cape (40 minutes) and fishing in the Los Barrilles area with one of the resorts. Hotel Buena Vista, Rancho Leonero, Palmas de Cortez, Punta Colorado would all be good for roosters and striped marlin.

Thank you Blank!

Comment

Just got back, fished two days, 6K bucks, caught a 10 pound tuna one day and a 10 pound durado the next, it stunk, won't say who the Charters were with because I do not think it was their fault, **** the seas were rough, glad we were on a 65 footer. Costa Rica is where its at.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              Just got back, fished two days, 6K bucks, caught a 10 pound tuna one day and a 10 pound durado the next, it stunk, won't say who the Charters were with because I do not think it was their fault, **** the seas were rough, glad we were on a 65 footer. Costa Rica is where its at.

Sorry to hear about the trip, but that is my kind of luck in Costa Rica! I have fished Costa Rica 3 different times and have 1 big mahi to show for it! Toughest **** place I have ever fished when I show up for some reason!

Comment

Working...
                              X