Old Fishing Gear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Fishing Gear!

I found some really old fishing rods and reels in my grandpas old shed. First off I had no idea that Heddon lucky 13 made rod and reels also. I stumbled across 2 rods and one with rod and reel. I found a few other old rods also and a couple of old spinning reels. These rods are all fiberglass. I thought the heddon 13 stuff was pretty cool. No telling what treasures I might find in there if I ever go through it.
    Attached Files

That would be cool decorations in a fishing/bait camp!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Not saying I am old but those bring back memories—��

Comment

Love those old Mitchell spinning reels. I have a few that were passed down.

Comment

spinners look like Mitchell 200's... That one is not even on a spinnin' rod... Wonder if he fished it on top?? Note trigger on rod handle... That old spin-cast reel sure looks familiar too... Think those were made either by "South Bend" or maybe Shakespeare...

Comment

Caught many a catfish on that first setup.

Comment

That's cool. I love that old stuff! I agree that looks like an old Mitchell spinning reel.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                That's cool. I love that old stuff! I agree that looks like an old Mitchell spinning reel.
                I believe it says garcia mitchell on it.

Comment

Man, love that old fishing stuff! Like DustOffer, not saying I am old, but does bring back some good memories! KJ

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    spinners look like Mitchell 200's... That one is not even on a spinnin' rod... Wonder if he fished it on top?? Note trigger on rod handle... That old spin-cast reel sure looks familiar too... Think those were made either by "South Bend" or maybe Shakespeare...
                    Charlie, I thought the heddon lucky 13 was cool. I am 41 and been fishing my whole life and never have seen a heddon lucky 13 rod and reel. Only heddon lures.

Comment

I started fishing with a Heddon Lucky 13 rod and reel when I was 5 years old lol. Of course that's 57 years ago

Comment

Yep, Heddon was one of the early companies that had about everything for fishing... at least private branded stuff... I had a "Southbend '77" reel that looked almost just like that Heddon reel, and Shakespear made reels like that too... They were way more popular than Zebco back in the early '60's and well made reels too... Zebco then started flooded with cheap Japanese made stuff... Sure wish I still had those old reels. I do still have my first rod tho and it looks much like the rod that old spinner is on... It is a Shakespear solid fiberglass with brass eyes... other than the cork handle, it is still in good usable shape too! That sucker is almost 60 years old! Dang, did I just post that?!! I CAN'T be THAT OLD!!

Comment

Looks like a Mitchell 300 and a 304. Very cool.

Comment

might be 300's but don't look big enough. That's why I was thinking 200's...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              might be 300's but don't look big enough. That's why I was thinking 200's...
                              Got my curiosity up and I had to go look in my box of old stuff. Might be one of these? I've got a pile of old stuff, some displayed and some just stored.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X