Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Getting interesting.

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    So your problem seems to be that you don't like Trump because he speaks the truth... Got it..

I don’t think that’s what he’s saying. Most of the folks on here are Trump supporters. That DOES NOT represent the opinion of most of the folks in the country. I think he’s saying, now that he’s actually president, Trump could still get done what he’s been doing AND help his case for reelection by acting like he has some sense. I actually think he doesn’t care about getting re-elected. It’s a simple problem to solve if he wanted to. “ ok, I have a 51 disapproval rating, I lost the pop vote, what can I do to move my agenda forward and still grow my party and support? Maybe tweak my communication, take the high road on infrastructure and get the people’s work done.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rcole1310; 05-28-2019, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
      The average hardcore Trump supporter is dug in. They’ll support him no matter what he does. The Trump haters won’t support him no matter how well he does. This is all about the folks in the middle. The non-political person that will still show up and vote. Let’s be honest... many of the folks that are luke warm about Trump (the “I held my nose and voted for him” folks) are that way because they see him as a low life. That’s something that’s a controllable be he won’t. No discipline. Sooner or later he’ll cross the line, MSM will go nuts and avg people will say that’s enough.

I disagree. The avg trump supporter are tax paying citizens who are tired of the political correctness run amuck. They are tired of the tuck your tail, walk it back apologist who won't stand up for anything or to anyone for fear of being minimized or getting bad polling which in itself is a farce these day. They support Trump because he is real and isn't afraid to say the things that need to be said and he has proven that he is a fighter who will not go quietly into the night.

The ones who sit in the middle rarely make a difference about anything in life because they seldom have a conviction strong enough to make them rise up and make a stand.

The haters hate him because he has stood his ground and challenged them. He refuses to sit down and shut up as he is told. He has struck fear in the heart of the leftist and their grasp on so many things is slipping from their hands. They are at the point that there is little if anything that they won't say or do to keep the status quo.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
        I disagree. The avg trump supporter are tax paying citizens who are tired of the political correctness run amuck. They are tired of the tuck your tail, walk it back apologist who won't stand up for anything or to anyone for fear of being minimized or getting bad polling which in itself is a farce these day. They support Trump because he is real and isn't afraid to say the things that need to be said and he has proven that he is a fighter who will not go quietly into the night.

The ones who sit in the middle rarely make a difference about anything in life because they seldom have a conviction strong enough to make them rise up and make a stand.

The haters hate him because he has stood his ground and challenged them. He refuses to sit down and shut up as he is told. He has struck fear in the heart of the leftist and their grasp on so many things is slipping from their hands. They are at the point that there is little if anything that they won't say or do to keep the status quo.

On the money. Trump supporter here, and I don’t agree with everything ANYONE says or does. The man ran on a platform and has made every attempt at actually DOING WHAT HE SAID HE WOULD. I’m sick of hearing people whine about him not being presidential. God gave us the president this country so badly needed. If you’re looking for your morality example in your President then you’re lose.

Comment

Most of the folks on here are Trump supporters.
          I dont think this is even truce for the PACE forum, and not at all for the overall forum. Back in 2016 most were Crus folks, then maybe Christie, or Rubio. A good bit probably would have voted Barry a third term

I wanst a Trump supporter before, 2016. I am now, but to me more clear, I am really just anti-Dem. After what they pulled in the last election, and nearly every day since.

I can see how the brash NYC macho lowlife card can be played on Trump, but the real middle of the road folks are smart enough to see a few crass twitter comments arent exactly in the same stratosphere as trying to steal an election, then covering it up, and probably killing a few people along the way.

Comment

Trump 2020. MAGA forever. Some of you liberal pundits on here need to provide facts to back up your disdain for where we are as a country. Great economy, unemployment at record lows FOR EVERY RACE and COLOR, respect from our rivals and so on! Lets hear it. FACTS!

Comment

The ones who sit in the middle are called swing voters. The reason why most campaign time and resources are spent on them is because they DO make a difference. The reason they’re called swing voters is because they can go either way. They’re not intractable. Check RCP. The numbers show that Trump has a problem with these folks. All I’m saying is, if he’s smart, he’ll do what he can to fix his unlikables if he cares about winning the next election. Have some freaking discipline. Strategic kindness. He had the perfect opportunity last week to make Pelosi and the Dems look like fools regarding the infrastructure bill, but he went in there and gave the the ammo they needed to feed to the MSM. The truth is he barely won against one of the most disliked, polarizing figures in recent political history. It ain’t gonna be that easy this go around.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post

I can see how the brash NYC macho lowlife card can be played on Trump, but the real middle of the road folks are smart enough to see a few crass twitter comments arent exactly in the same stratosphere as trying to steal an election, then covering it up, and probably killing a few people along the way.

Bro... if you go and ask the average VOTER to explain to you how the Dems tried to steal the election. I’ll buy you a beer if 2 of 10 can explain it to you. But if you ask them “who said he likes to grab women by the *****?” I bet everyone of them can tell you. That’s the problem with the echo chamber. Folks that post on political chats and watch cable news every night think that everyone is up to speed also. Trust me, they ain’t! They’re watching dancing with the stars and looking at Facebook. Not saying that makes all the difference but it makes some. I voted for the guy, but he’s his own worst enemy. Too much hubris and pride to look within and fix things. A little Proverbs 16:18 would help him AND the country.

Comment

The ones who sit in the middle are called swing voters. The reason why most campaign time and resources are spent on them is because they DO make a difference. The reason they’re called swing voters is because they can go either way. They’re not intractable. Check RCP. The numbers show that Trump has a problem with these folks. All I’m saying is, if he’s smart, he’ll do what he can to fix his unlikables if he cares about winning the next election. Have some freaking discipline. Strategic kindness. He had the perfect opportunity last week to make Pelosi and the Dems look like fools regarding the infrastructure bill, but he went in there and gave the the ammo they needed to feed to the MSM. The truth is he barely won against one of the most disliked, polarizing figures in recent political history. It ain’t gonna be that easy this go around.

I think this is spot on. Trump is his own worst enemy because he has no discipline and his ego overrides his common sense at every turn.

He blew his own wall deal early on when he backed off his agreement that would have secured wall funds while resolving DACA. He blew the mid-terms for Republicans because he couldn't stay on message about the economy, instead raging on about the wall that he could have already had funding for. It goes on and on, including the craziness last week with the infrastructure deal - that was absurd and yet the Trump lovers cheered on.

I'm not a Trump hater. But I call bull hockey on the "let Trump be Trump" defense. His comments and behaviors are so idiotic I am beginning to think he really doesn't want to get re-elected.

Comment

I bet everyone of them can tell you.
                    And I bet every one of them can tell me, at this point, what difference it makes?

I looked, rather briefly admittedly. But I still would wager that the majority of TBHers were NOT Trump supporters in 2016. I didnt really find the facts that I was looking for, but I did find this gem from Ttech. He was pretty spot on the money back in 2016, not sure what happened.

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                    Trump will win. The Democratic party has taken the African American and Hispanic communities for granted for years now, stoking the flames of racism while actually delivering nothing. Trump has plenty of time to get his message out there of job growth and opportunity and pull some of that vote to him.

Even the majority of Dems acknowledge Hillary is dishonest. Trump may be an a____ at times but when it comes to whether you would rather have an a_______ as pres or serial lying criminal, more will go for the former.

Between Wall Street's millions to HRC for speeches and all the money raked into the Clinton Foundation while she was Sec-Treas from companies, it will be so obvious she is in the tank for big money that the majority of Bernie supporters will either sit out or vote Trump.

That is my prediction.

Comment

Think what you will but the things Trump says and tweets has far less lunacy to it than what the MSM spouts out daily hour by hour or what most of the democrats say and do on a constant daily basis. Trump just puts things in simple in your face terms that even the smallest of minds can understand. That's why there are so many of those that stand with him. It's what won him the election in 2016 and will win it for him again in 2020. Now those of you suffering from TDS will just have to endure or go jump off a bridge.
                      MAGA

Comment

I just hope Trump is holding back, way back, in order to get re-elected. Then he can unleash Hades on many people without fear.

And because some jackwagon will ask....I'm talking about lazy bums on welfare, POS people who commit crimes, dirty politicians etc.

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                        On the money. Trump supporter here, and I don’t agree with everything ANYONE says or does. The man ran on a platform and has made every attempt at actually DOING WHAT HE SAID HE WOULD. I’m sick of hearing people whine about him not being presidential. God gave us the president this country so badly needed. If you’re looking for your morality example in your President then you’re lose.
                        No other POTUS has even come within 100 country miles of trying to keep their promises like Trump has.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          Trump just puts things in simple in your face terms that even the smallest of minds can understand. That's why there are so many of those that stand with him. It's what won him the election in 2016 and will win it for him again in 2020. Now those of you suffering from TDS will just have to endure or go jump off a bridge.
                          MAGA
                          That is a very telling comment. There isn't a significant political issue facing this country that isn't extremely complicated and doesn't have legitimate arguments on both sides. Not a single one and when Trump dumbs his argument down so that even the smallest minds that agree with him can understand, he is being divisive. Just like Obama did every time he did the same thing - Republicans don't want you to have insurance, don't want to pay their fair share, want to control your (women's) reproductive rights, blah, blah, blah.

We had 8 years of a president who basically vilified everyone critical of or against his policies. He did enormous damage to the political discourse in this country. So now Trump does the same thing and I'll be ****ed if I'll cheer him on. He barely won in 2016 and instead of doing anything that would win over more voters for 2020, he would rather have his ego stoked by those who celebrate his juvenile attacks and arguments. The only way he gets re-elected is if the Dems nominate someone left of Biden. Otherwise, he is toast.

As for the reference to "those of you suffering TDS", I looked back through this entire post and did not see those. So if you are suggesting that those who don't wildly cheer this president's behavior as having TDS, then you are seeing first hand just how divisive he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            Trump 2020. MAGA forever. Some of you liberal pundits on here need to provide facts to back up your disdain for where we are as a country. Great economy, unemployment at record lows FOR EVERY RACE and COLOR, respect from our rivals and so on! Lets hear it. FACTS!
                            FACTS???? Ppfft.. Who needs facts?? SMH.
                            It wouldn't matter if the man cured cancer the haters will still hate..
                            I'm a die hard Trump supporter but I'm not "dug in".. I'll be the first to bust his chops as soon I see him actually do something that I do not agree with..
                            He can act and talk like a idiot all day long so long as he gets the job done.. The man has the best interest of this country at heart and that is priority #1 and few can argue that..
                            I would take 1 straight talking, squirrely Trump over 3 double talking, lying, greedy, sellout Bush's.. Trump is the best thing to happen to DC and this country in 30+ years!!! If not longer..

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post

Facts:
                              1) I can’t speak for everyone but I’m no liberal pundit.
                              2) I’m certainly don’t have disdain for where we are as a country. Personally I think Trump has done a decent job.
                              3) We are far from the election. Anything can happen.
                              4) Right now Trump has a disapproval rating of 51% with likely voters.
                              5) His Approval ratings are consistently in the low/mid 40’s. Obama’s approval rating was 53 on Gallup going into 2012 election. However, Obama’s were also typically in the high 40’s.
                              6) Fox News has Joe Biden with a double digit lead on Trump. Biden leads in every legit poll of likely voters.
                              7) Polls also had HRC winning, so there’s that.
                              8) Most people did not vote for Trump. Obviously the electoral college is what matters, but popular vote creates momentum for mid-terms.
                              Opinion based on observation:
                              If Joe doesn’t keel over...odds are he’s going to give Trump one heck of a run. And people actually LIKE Biden. He will make a play for the mid-western blue collar white male. The very folks that HRC lost.

Comment

Facts:
                                1) I can’t speak for everyone but I’m no liberal pundit.
                                2) I’m certainly don’t have disdain for where we are as a country. Personally I think Trump has done a decent job.
                                3) We are far from the election. Anything can happen.
                                4) Right now Trump has a disapproval rating of 51% with likely voters.
                                5) His Approval ratings are consistently in the low/mid 40’s. Obama’s approval rating was 53 on Gallup going into 2012 election. However, Obama’s were also typically in the high 40’s.
                                6) Fox News has Joe Biden with a double digit lead on Trump. Biden leads in every legit poll of likely voters.
                                7) Polls also had HRC winning, so there’s that.
                                8) Most people did not vote for Trump. Obviously the electoral college is what matters, but popular vote creates momentum for mid-terms.
                                Opinion based on observation:
                                If Joe doesn’t keel over...odds are he’s going to give Trump one heck of a run. And people actually LIKE Biden. He will make a play for the mid-western blue collar white male. The very folks that HRC lost.

Those are not facts. Those are CNN talking points.. Lol Opinion based talking points at that..

Comment

Working...
                                X