Not bragging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not bragging

I just got permission to hunt 5 acres here In the Van area. It’s on the edge of the city. I need to check with the PD on the rules.

It looks to be Bow only spot. Maybe scattergun if I can get elevation. But I need a scattergun first...

The Landowner’s 80+ and was worried what it’s going to cost him. I chuckled a little cause I was worried what it was going to cost me. I told him nothing. I’m just grateful for the opportunity.

I put 2 cameras out while I was there. Tomorrow I’ll check with the PD and put corn out.

Good find there

Comment

Good luck !

Comment

That’s about 5 acres more than I get to hunt! Congratulations

Comment

You better get in good with all the neighbors. You’ll likely be tracking across a fence if your are lucky enough to arrow a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
            You better get in good with all the neighbors. You’ll likely be tracking across a fence if your are lucky enough to arrow a deer.
            I posted this scenario to him.. He told me has already spoken with the neighbors to see if anyone else's yard's been tore up. So far his yards the only one.
            He said he'd be talking to his neighbors about me recovering the pigs I shoot.
            He also wants me too haul them.off, so as to not stink up the area.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Congrats
                Thank you.

The guy I sold the Hay Rings to put me in touch with the owner of this new place.

Comment

When you talk to the PD do not give your exact hunting location. It very well might be that officers spot .
                  Small tracts produce monsters because they are sanctuaries. Hopefully no one before you has been there hunting.
                  Good Luck.

Comment

Good luck but 5 acres wouldn't be worth my time.

You will likely be tracking animals onto neighbors places. Also be check with PD/GW in the area, 5 acres may not meet the minimum

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      Good luck but 5 acres wouldn't be worth my time.

You will likely be tracking animals onto neighbors places. Also be check with PD/GW in the area, 5 acres may not meet the minimum
                      Fortunately, it's none of your concern.

Good stuff, OP. Keep us up to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                        Fortunately, it's none of your concern.

Good stuff, OP. Keep us up to speed.

Comment

Your right to check with PD. Specifically inquire as to whether they have an ordinance about shooting a bow in town as well, not just hunting. For instance, the city I work in has ordinances against everything from BB gun up, but can be waived with permission from the Chief of Police. He frequently does for persons on the outskirts of town to deal with nuisance problems.

Comment

10 is usually the minimum for a shot gun.

Comment

You are going to need new side by side for that, maybe a crew. PM Justin Spies. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X