Gun Safe in Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
    The back and sides of your safe are usually mild steel. It drills easy enough.

Get a plastic snap in bushing to fit your cable through as a protection measure so your cord doesn't get abraded. Drill your hole to match the bushing.

I bought a pass through wiring kit for my safe, but the last couple that I've wired for other folks, I just set a handy box with a receptacle in there.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Jason wouldn't you want to put a cord grip connector rather than a snap in bushing, especially in the garage?

Not only could humidity get into the safe easier but also all kinds of insects, spiders and other undesirables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Jason wouldn't you want to put a cord grip connector rather than a snap in bushing, especially in the garage?
      Do they make those in lengths that will handle a couple sheets of drywall? That's a good idea.

Comment

Mine is in the garage as well. Golden rod and bolted to the floor. Has been in the garage since I bought it, no issues at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Not only could humidity get into the safe easier but also all kinds of insects, spiders and other undesirables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I considered it, but didn't want to open up the fire lining (sheetrock) to put on the locknut.

I got some grommets that fit snug on the cable, and it seems to be keeping out any unwanted stuff. They're more like what I use in cars and stuff

The only thing I'm concerned with trying to do, is protect the wire.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Thought the was kinda silly at first...came with the safe I recently bought & have to say it's a good application for the garage guys & prying eyes.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys! I will invest in a desiccant and heat rod. I already have plans to frame in a put a door to hide it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                They make a piece of cloth that looks like wooden cabinets that has a magnet strip sewn in...stick it on the top & drop it down over the front. Roll it up when you want to get in. I'll get a pic later & post up.

Don't recall who makes it but will drop by the safe shop & see if can get that if anyone interested.
                Definitely interested in seeing this ; headed over to google now to search .

Comment

Working...
                X