Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
    This is a must.

I haven't had an issue at all since I got the heat rod. Without the heat rod, I had problems. Mine is anchored to the slab so, it will take a direct hit from a large bomb to dislodge it.
    That's what I said also. Then they wrapped a chain around it, hooked a truck to the chain and spun it loose. All I had left were 4 fist sized holes in the floor where the [4] 1/2" x 8" anchors were drilled into the concrete. Never recovered a thing.

Comment

I would not store any dura-touch armor coating item in the safe. I did and now it is sticky since it started breaking down, I'm assuming it is from the heat. I have it on one of my shotguns and my range finder. I was able to get it off the range finder, but I'm not sure what to do on the gun now since it is completely covered with that stuff.

Comment

Also check out safelert, i love mine. It sends you an email and or text message when the safe is bumped hard, door opens / closes, high / low temp, high / low humidity lets you monitor all kinds of parameters.

Comment

Mine is In a conex in my yard over a year and no issues

Comment

Mine has always been in the garage, out of sight. No problems with any thing on the guns at all. I run a coffee can size desiccant de-humidifier and no issues.

Comment

Just make sure you have a good dehumidifier

Comment

Mine is in my garage, no problems at all. My garage doesn't get that hot in the summer due to the temp of the house keeping it somewhat regulated since I live in a 2 story. I was worried about rust/humidity, surprisingly I have had no issues at all. I actually have a golden rod that is still in the box. Mine is also anchored into the slab, cutting/prying is a much bigger concern than pulling the safe anchors out of the slab. Unless you have a serious safe, all you are doing is slowing them down anyways. Besides, that's what secondary measures are for in addition to the safe (big dog, etc...).

Comment

Would not recommend putting it in the garage. It's making it too easy for thieves. I have a Graffunder that weighs over 3,000 pounds and I still have it bolted down inside my house. It took 4 guys 8 hours to get the safe from the street to my 1st floor

Comment

Originally posted by RLHoward View Post
                    How do get the electrical power supply to heat rod in the safe ?
                    I wired my safe.

Added a receptacle inside with a long extension cord outside.

Have power for the rod, and also put in LED rope safe lighting on a motion detector. Open the door, lights come on. Close the door, lights go off after 60 seconds.

Comment

How do get the electrical power supply to heat rod in the safe ?
                      My Cannon came wired. has built in LEDs and a couple plugs mounted inside for other stuff...

Comment

I have had mine in the garage for 8 years now sitting in the same spot. No rods but I do have motion activated rope lighting. No issues at all on my end. Everything looks and functions as it should.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                          I wired my safe.

Added a receptacle inside with a long extension cord outside.

Have power for the rod, and also put in LED rope safe lighting on a motion detector. Open the door, lights come on. Close the door, lights go off after 60 seconds.
                          Guess I'm slow ! My safe is in a room in my shop .Have been wanting to add a Rod by can't figure out to get power inside . It's bolted to the wall and floor but has no port to run cord .I do use a lot of desiccant .

Comment

Humidifier/Golden Rod/something similar is a must.Friend of mine had his in the garage,and several of his guns rusted.He had a brand new Benelli Montefeltro that looked like chit opening day of dove season last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Agree garage is not ideal. Glad to see it working for folks though. Cabinet around it is a great idea, or even a curtain. I punched a hole through mine with a 1/4 drill bit for power. Cut the head off an extension cord, pushed cord thru, then re-wired. 5 years and no problems.

Comment

Guess I'm slow ! My safe is in a room in my shop .Have been wanting to add a Rod by can't figure out to get power inside . It's bolted to the wall and floor but has no port to run cord .I do use a lot of desiccant .
                                See above.

Comment

Working...
                                X