This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

A full offseason of experience for the QB and WR tandem of Dak and Coop.......no Cole, no Hurns, no TWilliams and no RB for now! Hoping the D can bring the pain and the offense gets their **** together totally. Excited about Gallup, Jaylon, old but now skinny man Witten, a healthy Frederick, the Wolf, Cobb, Connor Williams new build with more experience and the rest of the defense......well except that Heath..

Thanks God for football season! Bring on that and hunting season and some cool weather!

Let's Go Cowboys!

Click image for larger version

Name:	00 Dak1.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	25185111

Click image for larger version

Name:	Whoopass.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	25185112
    Last edited by Smart; 07-28-2019, 04:31 PM.

I am as optimistic as I have been since 2014 or maybe 2007, they have the makings to be really good, hope Garrett can bring it all together, and Dak.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Good point...started.. Thanks Mikey!

Yes he is a generational back in a passing league.. Can't hamstring themselves by overpaying IMO.
      Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      The rams pass a lot and have a great back as well, Dak is not a generational QB, he has to have a bad *** running game to succeed. They have the money and in 2-3 years the contracts will be bargains providing no bad injuries. The time to win is now, not later.
      Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post

It’s tough but I agree, he’s generational and is very important to the offense. But can you count on him? Dak has not hit his ceiling I think and he needs a chance to prove him self. RB position has a short shelf life and Zeke totes rock a lot not to mention the off field issues that come with him. Safe money is on Dak.

I did look for the 2019 cowboys thread before resurrecting this one
      Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Neither is the Rams QB yet. ....they both need a generational system to succeed. The Cowboys' was pre-historic last year....and has been called that by several analysts. Hopefully this Moore new dude can add some wrinkles to change it up.

Rams paid a truck load for Gurley and he got hurt...and they still made it to the Super Bowl. Missed 6 games. I'm still leery of a $15 million+ per for 5 years which is what I have heard he's looking for.

I think Jerry will pay it though. At 76 he needs to get it done now.

moving it over from 2018

Comment

Hail to the Redskins ! Can’t wait for the opening weekend of the regular season. Ahh yes cooler weather , Monday Night Football, chili with beans and cold beer.

Comment

The Rams paid Gurley, only to realize they could beat the Cowboys in the POs with a scrub backup.

Zeke is “generational”, if y’all want to call him that, behind a line made up of 1st round picks. When those guys get hurt, he’s less “generational”.

I’m opposed to paying a RB unless he wants to deal, or he’s actually generational. I’d be really opposed to paying a guy who takes on contact like Zeke does as well.

You don’t invest all those pics and money in the O-line, then overpay for a RB. You can go get another RB.

You **** sure don’t overpay an idiot you can’t count on to be on the field. And holding out after the BS he’s put his team through the last few years is just chicken****...

He’s got to show up by a certain date to qualify for his year of service time, then franchise him next year and send his dumb *** packing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to see the new year post finally up. Let's go Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              The Rams paid Gurley, only to realize they could beat the Cowboys in the POs with a scrub backup.

Zeke is “generational”, if y’all want to call him that, behind a line made up of 1st round picks. When those guys get hurt, he’s less “generational”.

I’m opposed to paying a RB unless he wants to deal, or he’s actually generational. I’d be really opposed to paying a guy who takes on contact like Zeke does as well.

You don’t invest all those pics and money in the O-line, then overpay for a RB. You can go get another RB.

You **** sure don’t overpay an idiot you can’t count on to be on the field. And holding out after the BS he’s put his team through the last few years is just chicken****...

He’s got to show up by a certain date to qualify for his year of service time, then franchise him next year and send his dumb *** packing.

He has two years left before he can be franchised, he missed 6 games because Goodell is an idiot, did you notice nothing has happened to Kraft or Tyreek Hill ? Something is way wrong there. All you have to do is listen to the football players and the coaches to find out if the runner matters, all of us arm chair GM's and the sports talk show host just think we know how to build or manage a football team. I will agree that if Dallas had a top 10 talent at QB they could get by with a lesser back, problem is Dak is maybe at the end of the top 15 or so, and he could make a big jump this year, I hope he does.

Comment

He has two years left before he can be franchised, he missed 6 games because Goodell is an idiot, did you notice nothing has happened to Kraft or Tyreek Hill ? Something is way wrong there. All you have to do is listen to the football players and the coaches to find out if the runner matters, all of us arm chair GM's and the sports talk show host just think we know how to build or manage a football team. I will agree that if Dallas had a top 10 talent at QB they could get by with a lesser back, problem is Dak is maybe at the end of the top 15 or so, and he could make a big jump this year, I hope he does.
                I concur with the above. I would offer both Dak and Zeke heavily incentivized contracts with big money to be made if they perform to specified levels. I don't think either one of them should get huge guaranteed money.

GO COWBOYS GO!!

Comment

I would tell Zeke that is under contract for the next two years already. He can do his job or hit the road.
                  Ask Demarco Murray how that worked out.

Comment

Thank you Jason!

Go Cowboys!

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Don’t pay any attention to what they say, watch who they pay. Pretty sure he can be franchised next year.

QBs are harder to come by. You can find a RB without over paying, or over drafting, happens every year.

There’s nothing generational about Zeke. He’s a great back..IF he’s on the field, and the line is healthy.

Comment

If they’d taken Jalen Ramsey instead, we’d be talking about paying the best corner in the game over the last few years, and still have a really good running game...

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                          I would tell Zeke that is under contract for the next two years already. He can do his job or hit the road.
                          Right...

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                            Lol ask Dak how that worked out when Zeke was out for 6 games. Anybody could of ran behind that line when Murray was around. Dak is average at best, when Zeke is lined up in the backfield it’s keeps the defense honest. I think Zeke accounted for half of all the Cowboys scrimmage yards last year? I would pay Zeke, you can pick up a dink and dunk QB anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Don’t pay any attention to what they say, watch who they pay. Pretty sure he can be franchised next year.

QBs are harder to come by. You can find a RB without over paying, or over drafting, happens every year.

There’s nothing generational about Zeke. He’s a great back..IF he’s on the field, and the line is healthy.

Zeke had 2001 scrimmage yards, #2 in the league and that’s when the line was banged up.

Comment

Working...
                              X