Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back TTT for those that deserve our thanks

Comment

ttt…..As stated before, the holidays make it even worse for those in need.....God Bless!

Comment

ttt

Comment

Back TTT

Comment

TTT and Merry Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
              My mom works for the VA in suicide prevention and counseling with the vet center in Lubbock.

Most important is for friends and family to be mindful and watch for signs. To make sure they seek help
              Austin, thank your mother for me. It takes a special person to deal with this day in and day out. After countless hours of counseling I have acquired a special respect for those that give so much to help those like me.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                Good cause but keep in mind causation v correlation. The majority of these guys in the “22” are 50 plus years of age so not from recent wars. They are people who kill themselves and happen to be veterans. They are not killing themselves because they are veterans. Bad stigma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                J, I know nothing about "22" but believe me when I say many of these old vets kill themselves due to being vets. Some have just fought the fight until they are tired and just want piece. The counselors tell us it is because we are feeling our mortality.

Comment

ttt SAVE!

Comment

If you really all mean what you say about caring for our nations combat veterans ....read about Danial. https://gawker.com/i-am-sorry-that-i...last-534538357

With that said, 29 years ago today I was on a cold tarmac...loading magazines and double checking my gear and prepping for my first taste of combat . We all knew where we were going but would not receive our final objectives until in the air. It would be the first of many combat missions for the next 69 days.

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
                      J, I know nothing about "22" but believe me when I say many of these old vets kill themselves due to being vets. Some have just fought the fight until they are tired and just want piece. The counselors tell us it is because we are feeling our mortality.
                      Most of us are just tired of having to fight the VA system for benefits and health care we earned from our service. Even the Director himself called it "adversarial".

If you want to know what PTSD is like read that letter. I can tell you that every veteran will find some commonality with that. For those of you who aren't veterans that is exactly what it's like......
                      Sorry about the grammar I have some "vet dust" in my eyes.
                      Last edited by nyuk x 3; 12-19-2018, 09:52 AM. Reason: Grammar and spelling LOL

Comment

Posted this OP back in '18 and it needs to be put up again, at least in my book.

My son, many have read my posts before, is a Drill Sgt stationed at Fort Benning, GA. He learned today one of his squad Brothers from one of their deployments just took his life by hanging. Jake is so upset and like many of you, has seen this too often!

Not intended just for Military as it happens to our Brothers & Sisters in many walks of life as well. I lost 2 fellow LEO's to suicide even years past, so it has been a plague for way too many for many years.

Point of posting again...if you or someone you know is in "crisis," reach out and get THEM to get help if you can!

Comment

Thanks for reposting. It needs to be kept in the forefront!

Comment

Thanks---------------------
                            ttt…………..…...

Comment

ttt

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
                                X