Balcones 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas DONE View Post
    I’m so sorry. I meant 3E & 3F . My apologies.
    LOL look forward to meeting y'all

Originally posted by jaredmartin View Post
    Well I don't know what to think. I never received an email with an assigned unit. Guess I will call up there and see if the guy is still trying and o get out all the emails.
    My buddy hasn't gotten any via email either, he better get 3D or 3B cuz I'm driving. Might have to wait until tomorrow as TPWD might have "Columbus Day" off.

Comment

The letter is a parking designation. I believe you can hunt anywhere in 3. You just have to park at the designation.

Comment

7D

Comment

So, when is everyone planning on scouting. I did not receive an email, but it appeared we could scout sometime around November 9th for a few days. I may try to slide out there and take a peak around.
          I have a larger truck that should have no problems getting back to my spot. Burning the gas is crappy though, so I am going to look around for a sleep spot while I am in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredmartin View Post
            So, when is everyone planning on scouting. I did not receive an email, but it appeared we could scout sometime around November 9th for a few days. I may try to slide out there and take a peak around.
            I have a larger truck that should have no problems getting back to my spot. Burning the gas is crappy though, so I am going to look around for a sleep spot while I am in the area.
            There are campgrounds on the lake. There's a motel in Bertram. Cedar Creek Inn, I think. We stayed there. Not much to eat there but the donut shop opens at 5:30. There are set days you can scout. Some units it doesn't matter but our unit was not open to the public so we had to scout on specific days.

Comment

I will be in unit 10 Nov 22-24. I see its myself and one other person. Haven't heard anything good as of yet about that area, but oh well.....differwnt scenery is always nice.

Comment

My son was drawn for Unit #8 Nov 15-17. Does anyone who has hunted this unit have any helpful info? I am not able to go for the scouting week and google maps only gives me so much information.
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Neugie View Post
                  My son was drawn for Unit #8 Nov 15-17. Does anyone who has hunted this unit have any helpful info? I am not able to go for the scouting week and google maps only gives me so much information.
                  Thanks!
                  Is that unit east of the offices?

Comment

I called again today, and asked for my permit to be emailed again. The gentleman on the phone stated he sent it again, but I am not seeing it. Hopefully they will just have a hard copy there.
                    Other than that, I think I am going to camp at Turkey Bend

Comment

Turkey bend is where we had planned to camp last year until it flooded. Hope all have a great hunt.

Comment

Well, can anyone who received their email for the Dec 6 hunt shoot me a copy of any information that is of use. ie times and places.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                          Is that unit east of the offices?
                          It's basically the unit farthest east unit

Comment

Originally posted by Neugie View Post
                            It's basically the unit farthest east unit
                            Pm sent

Comment

I know it will vary between the units but for those that have been to Balcones in the past, how is the cell service throughout the refuge?

Comment

Mine was fine in unit 8

Comment

Working...
                                X