• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the pit boss 820 and it is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Throw that mancard right out the winder.

Buncha liberal hipsters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      LOL

I was considering a pellet smoker, but-

Very funny

Almost spit my coffee out

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Where are you located??
        I may have a deal for you!

Comment

Smoked swordfish steaks and finished off, with a balsamic glaze, capers and slightly smoked cherry tomatoes.

This ain't the old burn beef, pork or chicken scene....that's what an electric smoker brings to the galley.

Sure I have a Lyfetime barrel side box smoker - heavy, reliable and consumes wood like a monster.

With the Traeger, I can run a 40lb bag of pellets, and smoke literally days before I need to buy a new bag.

The efficiency of this system is literally unreal and the costs to run, is literally nil.

I smoke on my covered patio, just outside the door of my kitchen. It's my outside smoking oven and I have the inside scene going at the same time.

It's nice to toss a brisket on at midnight, go to bed and wake up, with the internal temp hovering around 170 - 180 degrees. You can stretch that out till it's time to pull, set up in a warm box (I toss mine in the oven at low), till everyone wants to eat.

I work in the Restaurant Equipment/Service industry. IT Manager of a firm that has over 5,000 Restaurants for a client base in Texas.

We have a cooking laboratory. Rational Ovens - A German manufacturer of high end/advanced cooking systems, uses our lab regularly to cook and show case some of their cooking systems for Restaurant owners/chefs etc.

Their USA top chef is pretty regular in the shop......I asked him what smoking system does he use at home - personally.

TRAEGER

And many of the professional Chefs I've spoken to, they say the same thing.

It's a solid cooking system - USA Made.

Last edited by AtTheWall; 05-04-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

More Traeger fixings - LIL TEX - Running 7 plus years and going strong!

I lean on Apple, Hickory and Pecan for a bulk of my smoking.

The Traeger makes quick work of DELICATE meats & cheeses. This is key.

Smoked swordfish tacos

Smoked surf caught Whiting Appetizers. You can literally drizzle EVO and season the filets - hit apple smoke a bit then assemble on crackers. Place the crackers and cover with cheese and smoke till the cheese melts - pull and serve. That's a solid appetizer!

Ground axis burger stuffed bellpeppers - toss them into the Traeger at 300 and let them smoke and pull. You can season and pre cook the ground venison rare - stuff the peppers, load up with cheese and jalapenos and finish them off in the Traeger - hickory smoke is perfect.

Canned jalapeno yellowfin tuna - Panini pressed in an homemade jalapeno/cheese bread with smoked extra sharp Tillamook cheddar cheese. Italian sausage stuffed mushrooms - smoke till done. After the tuna has been pressed, finish up with a smoke run on the Traeger as the shrooms cook down and serve.

Classic chopped jalapeno and cheese smoked dogs with smoked cheese and tomatoes. I lean on Apple smoke here.

Smoked roasted turkey. At times, I'll stuff it full of chopped apples. Chopped apples also smoke seriously well stuffed inside Florida Pompano - Apple smoke for fish and Hickory for the Turkey.

Smoked AHI Tuna Jerky. I marinade in a brown sugar/maple syrup brine then dehydrate till the tuna is half done. I finish it off in the Traeger with apple smoke for the win!

5 Ounces of this stuff - on the commercial market is 25 bucks. I knock out several pounds when I do AHI Jerky - and I have hundreds of pounds to play with each year. The Traeger and a commercial grade vacuum sealer makes it EASY!

Last edited by AtTheWall; 05-04-2019, 03:25 PM.

Comment

BOB - I earned my Man Card in the military...years ago. I have woman at work, begging to eat my leftovers. I shiat you knots! They LOVE MY TRAEGER!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                Ok. All that looks amazing. I hope you are all happy. I have been on the fence about getting a pellet smoker. The one I was dreaming about buying new (Yoder YS640) came up used on Facebook that I could afford and now it’s on my patio. Wife said, “ohhh so now I don’t have to cook anymore.” She still has to cook. I’m going to have my buddy that runs a baroque catering place come over and give me the run down on doing brisket, and then I’m off to the races.
                Whole packer brisket. Trim fat cap down to about 1/4”. Run with whatever you want. Put on yoder at 235. Fat side down. Spray with apple juice every few hours. Pull when it passes probe test (plan on about 12 hours for your average brisket). Let rest in a cooler or tightly sealed pan for an hour. Enjoy.

I love putting one on about 10pm for lunch the next day. Cooks all night while I sleep.

Just always let your yoder get up to temp and be stable for 20 mins or so before you put meat on.

Comment

Comment

I got to partake of some fine fajitas off a traeger today. Owner loves it and I can see why.

Comment

I’m gonna be looking for some of these recipes. Good food is good food, period. I have no issue running a stick burner but it is in no way what keeps my man card safe. To each their own I guess.

Comment

Got a great deal on a Louisiana Grills Lg 900 yesterday. $499 at Costco. Went to buy it at $599 and they had another $100 off. Same pit is $899 at Cabelas. Cooking a brisket today. So far so good

Comment

We got a trager shortly before getting hit by Harvey. For the 17 months we didn’t have a kitchen my wife cooked everything that didn’t come from a microwave in the trager. In addition to smoked meat and Barbeque that included brownies, apple pie, bread, and anything else you could cook in a oven.

It’s still in great shape and we love it.
                          Gary

Comment

i gave my GMG away and bought a yoder. Night and day.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfish View Post
                              We got a trager shortly before getting hit by Harvey. For the 17 months we didn’t have a kitchen my wife cooked everything that didn’t come from a microwave in the trager. In addition to smoked meat and Barbeque that included brownies, apple pie, bread, and anything else you could cook in a oven.

It’s still in great shape and we love it.
                              Gary
                              How do you do pies etc, without them tasting Smokey?

Comment

Should have never opened this again
                                Now I’m hungry

Comment

Working...
                                X