No announcement yet.

Ammo gougers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen ammo and reloading supply shortages happen several times since the 90's, so
    I changed my buying habits. If I need a pound of powder I buy 3. Last time I needed 22 shells instead of buying 500 I bought 5k and so on. So the ammo shortage doesn't effect me any more

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      I’m not hoarding ammo because I expect to fight with thousands of rounds. I’m hoarding ammo so I can continue my lifestyle of hunting and shooting while others sit around on social media crying about not being able to find any. I do have defensive ammo for that intent, but I’m not fooling myself into thinking I’ll last hundred or thousands of rounds worth of fighting.
      I have the same attitude. I'm about to turn 62 and I'm looking at what I have lasting the rest of my life. I did spend some money on a rifle in a caliber that I didn't have and ended up having to buy ammo at a little more than normal but not at the prices I'm seeing others paying.

If I find some ammo that I want I'll buy it as long as it isn't jacked up too high.

Comment

Wife told me to get up and be at academy when they opened to check ammo and buy a basketball goal. Surprised me, but picked up 3 boxes of 6.5 cm at 19.99 per box. I was 5th in line, they only had 5 boxes to start with. Had lots of 9mm and other stuff.

Comment

Also made a run to a buddy's in Kansas last week. We burned up 120 rds of 6.5 at the range and he sent me home with 50 rounds. His handloads.

Comment

ammo and gun manufacturers love democratic administrations for the increased sales and i’m sure the incoming administration will show their love for them as well with taxation on the products when sold to consumers. they don’t want it to go away. it’s just like weed.

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
              Also made a run to a buddy's in Kansas last week. We burned up 120 rds of 6.5 at the range and he sent me home with 50 rounds. His handloads.
              That’s a good buddy 👍🏼

Comment

8:55am Yesterday at Grapevine Academy: 17 people in line, several waiting in cars. 9:01am the doors open, the associate shouts no ammo. All but 3 return to their car.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors.

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                  8:55am Yesterday at Grapevine Academy: 17 people in line, several waiting in cars. 9:01am the doors open, the associate shouts no ammo. All but 3 return to their car.

My dad has had this happen a lot. He’s gotten there an hour before they open, long line. Door opens and no ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where I go if you get there at 8 you're probably sol on 9's. I get a couple of papas rancheros and get there about 7:30 with my lawn chair.

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post

At least here they will leave a sign on the door or come out and tell you if they didn’t get any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There might have been a sign. This was my first time waiting for the doors to open. I'll look next time.

Comment

Up here Murdock's had a truck come in about an hour before I went in for some other stuff. I pulled in to a full parking lot and there was a mad rush, everybody on their phones talking to people to see what they want and telling them to get over there. It was nuts, beehive swarm around the ammo but they had a ton of 9mm, 223, and 22lr which I haven't see in quite a while. I grabbed some 22lr and some 243 Fusion for my sister.

Looking at the classifieds the prices are still going up. Got me considering thinning out some stock. Lol
                          Last edited by justletmein; 02-05-2021, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                            You guys beat the same group of dead horses every dang day. Find something new to complain about.

My wife woke up in a bad mood today , ok hows that.

Now back to ammo talk......

Comment

Start ordering online. It will say backordered. It may take 6-8 months but it shows up. I was at a friends house yesterday and he got 3 cases of 9mm. I asked and he told me that is what he has done all along. He is a big gun show hobby person. Said he keeps ammunition out to draw people to look at guns ans to bring their guns over to trade. He is just trying to buy police marked Smith ans Wessons. His actual collection is amazing.

Comment

luv all the pepoel telling me what i should do with my property and how to spend my money wowwowwow

Comment

Working...
                                X