Canon Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon Cameras

Picking a camera can be overwhelming. Is there a website that list the Canon models top to bottom in order to compare features, etc.? Too many models for a newbie!!

I'd like one that does still and videos and shoots well in low light.

What is your budget and current camera/experience?

Comment

Complete newbie and $1,000ish unless the next step up is truly worth jumping

Comment

A T7I, or 80D would keep you under budget and be an above average starter camera. Would allow you to learn how to shoot manually, both take adequate video and are crop sensors so you have some more affordable options in regards to lens. You could also purchase a 55-250 to go with either camera to give moderate zoom capabilities but you will have to shoot with 30-50 yards in good light to get good pictures.

When you talk about shooting low light they will completely blow your cell phone camera away but will leave a whole lot to be desired when shooting indoors.

The biggest issue with cameras is the next step up is a huge jump and realistically you would be in the $3500-5000 to get a well rounded package that will shoot incredible pictures. The next step up would be an EOS R(mirrorless with more expensive glass options) or a 6D Mark II or 5D Mark IV.

I started with a super old rebel nearly 20 years ago. Picked up a T3I for a couple weeks then moved to the T7I. After shooting with it for about a year I think I can finally appreciate a full frame camera when I come across a good enough deal to make the jump.

Comment

Get mirrorless the industry is slowly working that way.

Comment

Here's the Canon website listing their models currently in production:

Depending on what you want the camera for, I would seriously begin looking at lens options. That's where your big expenses will eventually be, especially if you want to start taking wildlife photos. A camera body is basically a box with a hole in the front and a place to capture an image. Everything else is bells and whistles. Decide which bells and whistles are most important to you before buying a body. I've always said to buy the least expensive camera body that has the features you really need, then buy the best glass you can afford for the subjects you want to capture. Lenses generally outlast bodies and should be where you don't skimp.

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
              Get mirrorless the industry is slowly working that way.
              I agree with this. I was invested in a brand that went totally the other way from DSLRs and after a while parts weren't available for the equipment I had. Totally mirrorless now with Sony.

Comment

This is a good website. I order all my electronics from here.

Easy to sort and compare.

Comment

Thank you guys - decisions, decisions!

Comment

I didn't get a Canon. But I just got started in the fancy camera crowd. I looked at Nikon fb groups and found some really good bundle deals for cheap. I didn't want to invest to much and then not like it. For $500 I got a Nikon d7100 dslr camera body and handle grip, 3 lenses, 4 batteries, 6 sd cards and two bags. After going to the lease and using it twice, I am hooked. All I need to add is a 200-500 or 150-400 long distance lense and I will be ready to roll.
                    Look around!! Folks are going mirrorless and selling equipment cheap.

Comment

On Amazon you may found something good

Comment

There are places where you can rent bodies and lenses and try them out before you decide what to buy. You may see if you can rent any of the bodies listed and see which you like.

Comment

I'm still stuck on the Rebel T3 and having a good long run with it. I don't want a touch screen or video, so that helps. I bought mine for $200 on Ebay from a lady that got it as a gift and said that she only took a couple dozen pictures. After putting about 10,000 pictures on it, I'm about ready to move up to something in the 24 megapixel class. I have no regrets and have had a blast with this camera. I'm trying to decide if I stay with the Rebels or spend two grand for a used 5D Mark IV.

I think that there is a lot to be said for using an economical camera for awhile. I just recently bought a cleaning kit and dared to clean the sensor. For me, that is a little bit scary, even on a $200 camera. I can't imagine how freaked I would be if the camera cost more than a month's income. (Social Security)

Comment

Thank you folks, I may go the used route to make sure I am serious about it. If anyone has anything, shoot me a PM. My wife has an older Canon that does pretty well and we want to share this hobby at the small property we just purchased,

Comment

Turning off the "REC" button

I frequently hit the "REC" button on my M6II. I'd like to turn it off premanently. Any thoughts on how to do that? The manual was no help.

Comment

Working...
                              X