No announcement yet.

Do you like chiropractors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love mine. Like someone mentioned, i dont see him very often, he never pressures me to sign up or come in every week. I had been to several Dr.s for my neck and most of them wanted to charge lots of money to do their thing. I decided to go to a Chiro and after about 10 sessions the problem has been almost completely gone. I go in a few times a year for an adjustment, but i dont have to take pain pills or any other drug that the Drs. wanted to use. Last time i had an xray for a different problem, the previous neck issue was not even visible anymore. I know there are some quacks out there, but I fully believe most medical problems can be fixed and not just drugged.

Comment

I wish I could find another good one. I had a good one for 20 yrs but he died at 80+, searched for another and finally found one that helped for 10+yrs but he died. been thru about a half dozen since n can't find a good one. these new ones seem scared to straighten me out. they just push n pull alittle and say write the check

Comment

I have had lower back problems for most of my adult life. Good chiropractors are hard to find now. Most only want to spend 30 seconds with you then go to the next one. The more they see the money they make. When I get a good adjustment it does wonders for me. The touchy feely, thumper ones are a joke and a scam.
        When you get your own practice, take the time talk to and evaluate your client instead of running them thru there like cattle.

The only thing worse than a bad chiropractor is any pain management doctors. I went to one for 6 weeks and all he relieved me of was money in my wallet.

Comment

Never had a bad experience with a chiro. Works for me when I go.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            So you had an unsuccessful back surgery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Luckily no...but they have recommended me to have a fusion and prescribed enough pain killers and muscle relaxers to kill a horse. Chiropractor was able to fix me up over time. I believe they both serve a purpose. I believe chiropractors focus on the cause and not the symptoms like some doctors do by prescribing pills.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
              Good to great experiences for me. I have had over 6 different bulging discs, tingling in arms/feet, little to no fluid between some discs, and a thinning of the hole in my spine where my spinal cord is housed. I live with daily pain in my back. Without periodic Chiro care I would be in unbearable pain that would impact my day to day life. I know when it's time to go for an adjustment and every time they are able to get me fixed up even though sometimes I will have to make several trips pending how bad I have let things get out of control. Results have varied from better digestion, less headaches, to restored strength in my extremities, and everything in between.

I will say that some outfits just want to run you through any type of PT possible for a money grab so find out what PT works for your or if it is even needed beyond an adjustment. Typically an adjustment once/twice a month with some weight lifting in between works just fine for most.
              Same here

Comment

Worked on several patients while I was in the IR lab that were rushed in from the office with strokes and dissected verts, that was enough to scare me. Good luck on your career and congrats on being halfway done.

Comment

All good here. Used him a lot more when I played golf. Went to one in high school who'd get me realigned following football games.

Comment

I've got mixed opinions...a few years ago, I had a sciatica issue and chiro was the only one that could fix it...and I mean total relief. Then, he tried to song and dance me for 3x per week for x months etc. Once fixed, it never came back and I've been fine.

The other thing that REALLY turned me off was I saw a Chiro adjust a little kid about 3 years old one time and they actually advertised how good it was for the child. That just really soured me....

I think they have their place for some acute issues but when they come up with the treatment plan of a ton of visits, I lose faith in them as I already have a used car....

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonSlinger View Post
                      Worked on several patients while I was in the IR lab that were rushed in from the office with strokes and dissected verts, that was enough to scare me. Good luck on your career and congrats on being halfway done.
                      Can't stress this enough if you're looking into cervical adjustments. Have seen this firsthand, unfortunately. Most need to stay away from the cervical region.

Having said that, the well-known, quality chiropractors can be worth their weight in gold and can catch things that some doctors misdiagnose and overlook. A lot of their procedures for muscle repair, tears, etc. are very beneficial. Just wouldn't have one touch my neck.

Comment

My wife has been seeing a physical therapist for the past 6 weeks after a bad trip to the chiropractors office. She swears she will never go to one again.

Comment

You asked, so here goes...No. I will never set foot in chiropractors office. Chiropractors are nothing more than massage therapists with enough medical background to be dangerous.

I've personally known 2 chiropractors in my life and they are both sleazy scam artist.

I have 3 close family members that went to chiropractors (not to either of 2 above), all with 3 different issues. None reported good results.

Comment

Hurt my lower back years ago and nothing seemed to relieve the pain. Went to a chiropractor and after one adjustment I felt 70% better. Went two more times in about three weeks and I was good to go. Glad I went as I never really believed they could help.

Comment

No personal experience. A past coworker went to a chiro that did not snap and crack. Not sure what that meant.He swore by it

Comment

I have nothing but good to say about the chiropractors I have been to....just the opposite of most MD's.

When I was 12 years old I started having bad panic attacks....fear for no reason and felt like I couldn't breathe to the point of vomiting. I missed a lot of school as my Mom took me to different MD's and a psychologist who could find nothing wrong and wanted to prescribe mind altering drugs. She finally took me to a chiropractor who her friend had recommended, and he immediately realized that I had hypoglycemia. He ordered a 7 hour glucose tolerance test, and in the 5th hour my blood sugar dropped to 40. He put me on a sugar free diet and nutrition supplements along with a few months of weekly adjustments. I never had the attacks again, and no blood sugar issues. If Mom had let the MD's give me those drugs I don't I would be here now.

A few years later, my Dad woke up with vertigo and could not stand up. The ambulance took him to the hospital where he spent a week running every test they could think of...and found nothing wrong but sent him home with antibiotics for a supposed ear infection. He was no better than that first morning when Mom took him to the same chiropractor that had helped me...Dr. Jack. He immediately diagnosed Dad as having clogged carotid arteries and put him on a diet and nutrition supplements as well as a few months of weekly visits. Dad improved quickly and stayed on the supplements for many years, never needing MD treatment for clogged arteries. That was about 40 years ago and Dad will be 90 in a few weeks and is still sharp as a tack and able to drive.

When my nephew was in elementary school he was an absolute terror. He was dyslexic, failing every class, frustrated, and completely uncontrollable to the point that the teacher actually locked him in the janitors closet. (He was smart and pulled the hinge pins dropping the door on the principal...lol)
                                My sister took him to MD's and psychologists who all insisted that he needed to be on Ritalin. Finally she took him to the same chiropractor.
                                Dr. Jack said that the bones in his skull had not grown properly after the forceps were used when he was born, and applied light pressure with his hands to adjust the skull plates. My nephew says it was like a door opened in his mind and he was a totally different kid!! He shortly became a straight A student and graduated at the top of his class.

When my son was a few years old, he had bad ear infections. Every month my wife took him to a MD for a new round of antibiotics that would work...for a little while. Allergists and ENT's wanted to give him allergy shots and tubes in his ears, but I took him to another good chiropractor. All the rounds of MD prescribed antibiotics had destroyed his gut, messing up his natural immune system and contributing to the allergies. The chiropractor used an acupressure technique called NAET to clear my son of his allergies over a few month time. To this day my son never had another ear infection or allergy issues after his first visit...and that was about 20 years ago.

Three years ago I fell and hit my head at work. I was not hurt too bad, but a few days later I started feeling like I couldn't breathe. Took my blood pressure and it was 250/180 so I went to the ER. About 5 hours later and $97,000 in tests and scans the MD's could find nothing wrong. When they wanted to keep me overnight and put me through a stress test and a heart catheter WHILE MY BP WAS STILL 240/190 I walked out. The next day I went to a chiropractor that my Mom recommended. He immediately told me my high BP was mostly due to whiplash and adjusted my neck vertebrae. Within 15 minutes my BP went from 250/180 to 90/60...just from an adjustment.
                                Dr. Al told me to cut out salt, gave me some supplements, and said come back in a few weeks. I go see him about every 6 months for an adjustment, still take the nutritional supplements, and my BP is steady at 115/75...without MD prescribed meds.

I could go on with many more accounts of seemingly miraculous results that my friends and family have had with chiropractors. I've been to two over 50 years who were not able to help me, but they did not hurt me. I can't say the same for the FDA approved drug pushers. Seems like every time I go to a MD they never solve the problem and often cause much worse problems.

Good luck with your career as a TRUE HEALER!!

Comment

Working...
                                X