Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you like chiropractors?

Good Morning GS.

I am halfway through chiropractic school and I am curious to see how people feel about chiropractors/ good and bad experiences/ why you go to them or why you won’t. I know some might just say they’re “quacks” and while I’ve met some, I don’t believe they represent the profession as a whole. If you don’t mind and have the time, give me your take please.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to go through a bunch of yahoos. One guy chased me into the parking lot trying to sell me his special pillow. I finally found a good old country chiro. $40 for an adjustment, he doesn’t mess with insurance or try to sign me up for a program. Just fixes me when I need fixin'. He’s 69, though. Not sure what I will do when he retires.

Comment

Good question. My take is they serve a purpose in treating symptoms caused by underlying problems. I have several friends that tell me they have the greatest chiropractor in the world. They go see him once a week and he fixes them up. They will never go address the true root cause of their problem(s). I just shake my head at them. I do think at some point their chiropractor should tell them they need to go get their real problem fixed instead of just soaking them for money each week for years on end.

Good luck to you on your journey and I hope you do great in your chosen profession.

Comment

after having Back surgery, in 1989, my then Dr, told me never to go one, as they could very easily cause much more damage, then what you went in there for. I have been tempted, but that Dr planted that seed deep.... my wife had an accident and was sent to a chiropractor and he left her hurting more so then when she went in, so she stopped going and felt much better, of course this all negative, sorry i have nothing positive to say about it.. but you asked good and bad,,,

Comment

Originally posted by RyHolub View Post
          Good Morning GS.

I am halfway through chiropractic school and I am curious to see how people feel about chiropractors/ good and bad experiences/ why you go to them or why you won’t. I know some might just say they’re “quacks” and while I’ve met some, I don’t believe they represent the profession as a whole. If you don’t mind and have the time, give me your take please.

Thank you!

Good to great experiences for me. I have had over 6 different bulging discs, tingling in arms/feet, little to no fluid between some discs, and a thinning of the hole in my spine where my spinal cord is housed. I live with daily pain in my back. Without periodic Chiro care I would be in unbearable pain that would impact my day to day life. I know when it's time to go for an adjustment and every time they are able to get me fixed up even though sometimes I will have to make several trips pending how bad I have let things get out of control. Results have varied from better digestion, less headaches, to restored strength in my extremities, and everything in between.

I will say that some outfits just want to run you through any type of PT possible for a money grab so find out what PT works for your or if it is even needed beyond an adjustment. Typically an adjustment once/twice a month with some weight lifting in between works just fine for most.

Comment

No! They are only Practitioners and can hurt you very badly! There are a Few good ones out there but finding one of those is a shot in the dark! That’s my humble .02

Comment

We go to the chiropractor often for us and our rodeo horses.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Good question. My take is they serve a purpose in treating symptoms caused by underlying problems. I have several friends that tell me they have the greatest chiropractor in the world. They go see him once a week and he fixes them up. They will never go address the true root cause of their problem(s). I just shake my head at them. I do think at some point their chiropractor should tell them they need to go get their real problem fixed instead of just soaking them for money each week for years on end.

Good luck to you on your journey and I hope you do great in your chosen profession.
                x2

I know 2 good ones very well who are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                  after having Back surgery, in 1989, my then Dr, told me never to go one, as they could very easily cause much more damage, then what you went in there for. I have been tempted, but that Dr planted that seed deep.... my wife had an accident and was sent to a chiropractor and he left her hurting more so then when she went in, so she stopped going and felt much better, of course this all negative, sorry i have nothing positive to say about it.. but you asked good and bad,,,
                  THIS!

I have seen a few and none really did any good for me, BUT, the last one I saw told me that he could not and would not treat me because of my herniated disc and 2 bulging discs above and below the herniated disc. He flai out told me he could do more harm than good trying to treat me! Honesty!

Comment

Have been going to chiropractors for twenty years for lower back pain. I have gone in not able to walk upright and came out strutting. They have done me wonders over the years. I have had some not so good ones that I don't go back to. Have done a lot more for me than doctors that push surgery or pills.

Comment

I was scared of them for years, fearful that they would cause damage. Finally,in excruciating pain a couple of years ago I went to one. He was an old school country Chiro that took cash and no insurance. His goal is to not have to see you again. He helped me tremendously and changed my perspective on chiropractors.

Comment

i was having back issues and started going because i could barely walk anymore and it helped but i was unsure of how much. i will say that while that was going on i saw the chart on his wall that said the respiratory area was controlled by i think the C4/5 and my daughter was suffering from bad allergies/respiratory infections. I went through the same thing growing up. She was on antibiotics every other month and i didnt like it. i asked him about it and asked him not to BS me and he said bring her in for a month and if there isnt a difference then you dont owe me a dime. She had just turned 2 at the time and is now 5 and hasnt been sick or to the doctor for anything other than annual check ups. Not sure if it was just coincidence but it seems to have worked for her. she just goes once a month now and i feel its worth it to not be on medicine all the time

Comment

Originally posted by RyHolub View Post
                          Good Morning GS.

Thank you!

Texas Chiropractic College?

Comment

Only been to one chiropractor and had a good experience. Full adjustment once a week for 6 weeks straight along with PT and I was back 100%. I’m not saying the chiropractor fixed the problem but it definitely helped speed along recovery, especially in the early stages, with realigning everything.

Comment

All positive for me. Most recent visit - I had slept wrong on pillow and my neck was jacked. Could not move it towards the left. You could feel a knot was there too. 3 treatments later, I was like new again.

Comment

Working...
                              X