No announcement yet.

D2 knife question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tempered very well. Was even able to get the last little bit of warp out after the first temper cycle. There is some very stubborn decard on the face of the bevel that I cant get off with the wire wheel, but its in a unique pattern that resembles a hamon or something. I think it looks cool and was wondering if there would be any harm in leaving it there.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bucksaw; 01-17-2019, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Elbow grease, lots and lots of it and wet/dry sandpaper will get that off

I use the scotch brite 3M surface conditioning belts on my 2x72. Makes quick work of cleaning up decarb. These belts ain't cheap but last a long long time.

Comment

I also use one of these little jewels from Harbor freight. https://www.harborfreight.com/53-amp...der-62863.html
        I have a place that I can get 1/2" scotchbrite surface conditioning belts for it. Works wonders on both wood and metal to get to hard to reach areas.

Comment

Oh, I know I can get it off. I just wanna know if its gonna do anything to the lifespan of the steel to leave it on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
            Oh, I know I can get it off. I just wanna know if its gonna do anything to the lifespan of the steel to leave it on there.
            Maybe in 4 or 5 lifetimes

Comment

Just wanted to make sure there wasnt some crazy chemistry going on under that scale that would cause corrosion or something.

Comment

Working...
              X