Question about creating house plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    you can hire an architect that can sit down with you and design something exactly like you want.

there are tons of websites for house plans, my wife sends me new ones every day from "farmhouseplans.com or countryhouseplans.com" or whatever.

This! We found some general floor plans online and then started tweaking them on our own. Once we got a pretty good layout, we hired an architect that was referred to us from a family member who had used him a couple times in the past. Together, we tweaked things more and more until it was perfect.

Skinny

Comment

I appreciate all the replies and info.

Comment

^

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
          Find a plan online & tweak it to fit your needs. Once you get rolling on ideas they'll never stop coming! I finally had to tell myself to stop as I was going overboard. The house I was building probably wouldn't have good resale but it was going to be EXACTLY how I wanted it.
          We built 8 years ago and this is exactly how we did it. We ended up buying the plans online and had our builder make the changes we wanted. It worked great for us.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Let your wife do it so it ain’t your idea is the best I can tell you

[emoji23][emoji23] this is what I did and I made additions and removed a few things but overall we think somewhat alike. It worked out in my favor.

Be planned on a cheap $30 computer program and took that to a Draftsman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I built a house a few years age for the Director of Architecture for Chili's. He has become a friend, has just retired out here to Lake Fork and is drawing plans between fishing outings. We have teamed up on several house builds in the area since. Let me know and I'll hook you up.

Comment

In-Yo-Grill was the architect on our home. We had a very rough idea of what we wanted. He drew us up a few options, and we selected the one that we wanted. We made changes from there. Great guy to work with! We have been very happy!

Comment

Working...
                X