This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Ol boy is mouthy over on the Cowboys thread too. I guess that early Gatorade dump on coach O and the Cowboys victory over the Saints didn't teach him anything. LOLOLOL.

Nope!![emoji23][emoji23]

He’ll be along shortly asking for self banning bets to really show support for your team.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      A 14 team conference is to many. Some teams will go 10 -12 years or something silly like that without playing each other in the conference. It is a luck of the draw when it comes to your schedule and who you get from the other side of the conference.

I think the Big 12 does it right (except the conference championship game). Have 9 conference games with everybody playing everyone.

The Big 12 current model is by default with the 4 team exodus from the league. If there were two new teams that would bring money to the league, the tune would change.

I do agree the round robin works. It was nice in the old Big 12 when basketball came around that it was a round robin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Lmao at UGA at #3.

Surely this is pre Sugar Bowl.

Wow. It's current. What a jacked up system. Miss St. Top 10 with 5 losses. Good thing they play the games on the field.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        That Maryland loss is haunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
          The Big 12 current model is by default with the 4 team exodus from the league. If there were two new teams that would bring money to the league, the tune would change.

I do agree the round robin works. It was nice in the old Big 12 when basketball came around that it was a round robin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I am talking in hypotheticals. You would have to blow up all existing leagues and start over per say. I am talking about it from a uniform fit, everybody plays everybody type of conference to determine conference champion. 10 Teams in a conference seems like the best fit. When you start going to 12, 14, the water gets murky. You could go to 16 teams, two 8 team divisions and then the final week of the season match up your 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, etc from each division. I am not sure the NCAA would allow it, but that would work.

If the Big 12 adds two teams, it would have to split into divisions and then drop to 8 conference games vs 9. You probably would also see a the change in balance of power were the South Division was much Stronger than the North. Like the SEC East and the West today.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
            That Maryland loss is haunting.
            Apparently.

The lone remaining poll that matters now is the AP. Let's see how it looks. Texas will be around 9-10.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-07-2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
              I think you’re right on this one. Have the PAC 12 and Big 10 drop a game and play 8. I take it you’re not a Clemson or BAMA fan. CAL Berkeley?

Ready for the National Championship game BAMA, Johnny and BigL and Quackadikt? It’s good to still have a team in the mix to pull for.
              Roll Tide!!

Comment

Gonna go out on a limb and say Tv ratings for round 4 tonight will be an all time low

Let me know who wins

Comment

Ticket sales have been slow. Wonder if there will be empty seats?

Comment

09-07-19

We comin'

Geaux Tigahs!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Nope!![emoji23][emoji23]

He’ll be along shortly asking for self banning bets to really show support for your team.
                      Is that you calling baw? You and Bobby ready for the ban bet?

Dogpile all y'all want. Although... you are missing a couple of your posse members.

Still waiting for ya to man up and accept that bet. Could be another Gatorade night in Austin. Never know? I have faith in my team. You are the one crawfishing

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        Is that you calling baw? You and Bobby ready for the ban bet?

Dogpile all y'all want. Although... you are missing a couple of your posse members.

Still waiting for ya to man up and accept that bet. Could be another Gatorade night in Austin. Never know? I have faith in my team. You are the one crawfishing

See....I tole ya! Climb back in that oyster shell and quit licking the aquarium glass...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          See....I tole ya! Climb back in that oyster shell and quit licking the aquarium glass...
                          I will make it easier on ya crawdaddy. 30 day vs 60 day self ban. I lose... 60 day. You lose.... 30 day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            I will make it easier on ya crawdaddy. 30 day vs 60 day self ban. I lose... 60 day. You lose.... 30 day.

I will make it easy for you skrimp boat captain...NO...

I do not bet on sports.. Its already stressfull enough watching them..

Besides....when your team loses you disappear into the abyss for 6 months anyway so its not like anybody betting you would actually win anything anyway.

Comment

I can’t decide if that is a cowboy or sip response. Either way..... it is a copout

It’s ok. Although, it is nice knowing when people do not truly believe in their team/teams.

Carry on. No more ban offers. I am headed back to my shell for a bit.

Comment

Yeah, if Texas loses we will all be back the next day to offer congrats and discuss the next game. Ol Bayou Boy is already talking major smack 8 months in advance. If LSU loses he will disappear anyway. Lame bet.

Comment

Working...
                                X