No announcement yet.

2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sort of lengths do the carbon barrels come in?

Comment

Do you know if the stock will have flush cups on the side?
      So 6.5 PRC will work now?

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
        Do you know if the stock will have flush cups on the side?
        So 6.5 PRC will work now?
        The flush cups are part of the hold up. After getting several requests for them, I went back to the manufacturer to see what the impact would be to pricing and delivery times. Hope to hear back by tomorrow.

The PRC will work on the short, but will cost a little more do to the modifications and tuning to get it there. It will take a Wyatt's, an ejector modification, a different follower and some tuning on the Wyatt's. I would still prefer to do them on the long to provide maximum flexibility for the round, not to mention the one we just did was one of the smoothest feeding bolt actions I've ever handled. The rounds literally jumped into the bolt face behind the extractor as they cleared the rails. You almost couldn't feel any feedback through the entire cycle.

Bottom line - We can do them on the short if that's what you want, but would recommend the long. There's only about 1/2" difference between them, but a big difference in how they run that round. We'll build them on whichever one you want.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
          What sort of lengths do the carbon barrels come in?
          One of the last pieces of the puzzle. We are down to two choices, ours or Proof. Ours will be any length over 16" in whatever twist rate you want. Proof will be whatever they offer in the twist rates that they do. I'll be giving an update on this tomorrow as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
            The flush cups are part of the hold up. After getting several requests for them, I went back to the manufacturer to see what the impact would be to pricing and delivery times. Hope to hear back by tomorrow.

The PRC will work on the short, but will cost a little more do to the modifications and tuning to get it there. It will take a Wyatt's, an ejector modification, a different follower and some tuning on the Wyatt's. I would still prefer to do them on the long to provide maximum flexibility for the round, not to mention the one we just did was one of the smoothest feeding bolt actions I've ever handled. The rounds literally jumped into the bolt face behind the extractor as they cleared the rails. You almost couldn't feel any feedback through the entire cycle.

Bottom line - We can do them on the short if that's what you want, but would recommend the long. There's only about 1/2" difference between them, but a big difference in how they run that round. We'll build them on whichever one you want.

Sounds like long would be the way to go on the PRC. I’m still a little up in the air on caliber but leaning more towards 22 creedmoor for a light predator rifle.

Flush cups are very very high on my list of wants on it. Much more comfortable for hiking around. Also would like a detachable mag if possible.

Comment

Any 6.5x 300 weatherby mag fans out there?

Comment

For the guys thinking about the 257 Weatherby, what's your reasoning behind this caliber? I've been wanting a 257 Roberts for a little while now for a strictly medium game medium range gun. Yet they have been exceedingly hard to find. Is the 257 Weatherby that much better of a caliber. Was kind of wanting to stay away from the magnums since I already have one.

Comment

If something takes a step when using 257 weatherby, I am disappointed.

Originally posted by russb View Post
                  For the guys thinking about the 257 Weatherby, what's your reasoning behind this caliber? I've been wanting a 257 Roberts for a little while now for a strictly medium game medium range gun. Yet they have been exceedingly hard to find. Is the 257 Weatherby that much better of a caliber. Was kind of wanting to stay away from the magnums since I already have one.

Comment

2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Originally posted by russb View Post
                    Because it’s awesome.

But seriously it’s a laser that packs a punch.

I had a Remmy 700 and then a custom from the last build in a 257 wby and combined those guns are 19 for 19 on critters with shots ranging from 35 yards to 402. Only 2 ran after the shot. One was 300 and change and the other was 402 and my shots were both a few inches back so user error.

Last edited by 150class; 12-19-2018, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Because it’s awesome.

But seriously it’s a laser that packs a punch.
                      I assume that 20" barrel on a 257w would not be a good idea? Is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                        That’s my struggle, I think the 257 loses too much velocity at a 20” barrel

Comment

26" to get the full speed from 257.

Comment

26” or nada for the wby

I did everything I could to shave the barrel down and everyone I spoke to at APR and elsewhere said it’s a waste going any shorter then 26”

Comment

Originally posted by DJames View Post
                              That’s my struggle, I think the 257 loses too much velocity at a 20” barrel
                              Well crap!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                26” or nada for the wby

I did everything I could to shave the barrel down and everyone I spoke to at APR and elsewhere said it’s a waste going any shorter then 26”
                                That is not what I wanted to hear, but figured.

Are there any calibers besides 308 and 7-08 (Already have those) that can run effectively through a 20-22" barrel suppressed?

Comment

Working...
                                X