No announcement yet.

Box-Blind Coating Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In your case I would look at the products used on RV roofs .

It will seal up a roof on that RV good for 10 years and will take the movement as well . Thick will fill in cracks etc .

Comment

this, you can paint over it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Back in 2000 I built a 4x8 blind using and 2x4's with 3/4 plywood foundation, for walls I used 2x2's and 3/8"plywood, the roof was 3/4" plywood and it had open rectangle holes for the windows. I used cheap paint that was on the returned shelf at Walmart, bought some colors and mixed it to make a greenish color and painted it inside and out with a bunch of paint, many, many coats. It was first set up on cinder blocks, then I built a trailer, after that it finished life on 8' tower. It finally gave way this past summer. I only painted it the one time, no clue what brand of paint. It spent its life in the pasture. Both my boys grew up hunting out of it, good memories in that old box. I have no clue why it lasted as long as it did.

Comment

It’s the nature of plywood/treated wood. It doesn’t matter what quality of paint you use, it will flake off.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
            I'm going to go with about 10 cans of the aerosol rubber coating and see what happens. It should do great for moisture resistance and is self-etching. Another year in the sun will tell....
            I was out and about today and took a pic of a 4x6 I made a long time ago. This blind was built 33 years ago out of 2x4's and 1/2" cdx plywood, wrapped in 30#roofing felt and spray painted with some gray paint. It's as solid as it was when built. The felt paper is still working, again no upkeep at all.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
              I was out and about today and took a pic of a 4x6 I made a long time ago. This blind was built 33 years ago out of 2x4's and 1/2" cdx plywood, wrapped in 30#roofing felt and spray painted with some gray paint. It's as solid as it was when built. The felt paper is still working, again no upkeep at all.

Now that's impressive!!!!!!!!
              33 years? I bet there have been a few critters kilt out of it too...

Comment

For some interesting ideas on coating or skinning a blind, check out http://www.tnttt.com/viewforum.php?f...325d14dd2d8fed
                Its a pretty cool little forum where they discuss building teardrop style trailers. Some good ideas on skinning that could be applied to deer blinds

Comment

Working...
                X