Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hong kong?

whats the protests about?

China lied to them and the international community and promised to not mess with their laws and courts. It now wants to start extraditions from H/K to their horrible courts and jails. This may be the straw that breaks the deal. We will see...........

Comment

thanks j.d.!

Comment

Part of that is also, the Chinese leadership has the authority to override any court order, too, so if the courts rule one way on the case but the leadership hates you, you will be sent to a "re-education camp" or hard labor.

Comment

Yup. Hong Kong was a dog on a chain for China. They just got yanked back and didnt like it.

Comment

When I was there 2 months ago the uproar was that all the kids school books were all revised this year to show China as this beacon in the sky, and any and all past criticism/conflicts regarding China were removed from them. China also began clamping down on apps/websites that were being used to organize these protest as well as spread anti-China information. I do not see this ending well for HK unfortunately. They are completely reliant on China for food and freshwater and have no form of personal defense but to scream and holler to keep China's mistreatment in the international conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              When I was there 2 months ago the uproar was that all the kids school books were all revised this year to show China as this beacon in the sky, and any and all past criticism/conflicts regarding China were removed from them. China also began clamping down on apps/websites that were being used to organize these protest as well as spread anti-China information. I do not see this ending well for HK unfortunately. They are completely reliant on China for food and freshwater and have no form of personal defense but to scream and holler to keep China's mistreatment in the international conversation.
              It reminds me of when the communists took over Romania after WWII.

Have you read "No Paved Road To Freedom"? It sure makes you appreciate what we have in the US as a Republic and the 2nd amendment.

Comment

The transfer was in 2000 from British rule. 19 years later the gradual and stifiling changes from mainland China are becoming unbearable to people that have seen better. Could get ugly as dissidents begin to disappear.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Otpor!

Comment

Interesting that this has fallen off the news cycle. Did mainland China squash them or come up with a solution? Guess I missed something while hunting in Alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      Interesting that this has fallen off the news cycle. Did mainland China squash them or come up with a solution? Guess I missed something while hunting in Alaska.
                      China said yesterday that there will be no international discussion regarding Hong Kong.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        China said yesterday that there will be no international discussion regarding Hong Kong.
                        Ouch.....dissidents better start scrambling.[emoji2962]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X