It is not the answer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is not the answer...

Too many of my friends have committed suicide...horrible incident today.

I just know that I could have helped if I had only known what they were dealing with.

So I am putting this out there for any of you that may be in the middle of life struggles.

I am available...I will drop everything and help, or help you get the help you need. I ain’t got it all figured out, but for the past 10 years have went through some very specific training that should help you to learn to cope in a healthier manner. Please...know that there is help available, you are not alone in this.

Feel free to reach out anytime an know that your conversations are completely confidential.

Ending your life is NOT the answer...

Brandon

True

Comment

Good thread and post!

Comment

I’m sorry for your loss bro. I’ve had some suicides hit close to home (one extremely close) and know the feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's awesome of you to offer to help others...I've had 2 people I know take their lives in a selfish manner, for entirely the wrong reasons....totally unexpected without any signs leading up to it...really took me by suprise...its hard to deal with something like that....my condolences

Comment

Very nice gesture Brandon. I lost a brother in law September last year and the family still does not have a clue as to what was so bad he could not live with it.

Comment

I lost an uncle a few years back. He drank himself until he had a heart attack, knowing he was told if he drinks hard liquor he will die. He was having custody issues with his wife at the time. Sad part is when I was going through my divorce my little brother noticed me going down a similar, but not near as severe, road. He invited me to dinner one night and told me words I'll never forget... "Don't be like Uncle Paul." Broke my heart and to this day I thank him for that conversation. His death devastated our family, especially my mom and grand parents. Good on you and yes this is a very good thread.

Comment

I've known several people that chose to take their own life. Unfortunately there's not much you can say or do for someone traveling down that path. Or at least in my experience because knowing what I know of them now they had drugs and alcohol in their system which lead them to do what they did. Had it not have been for mind altering substances I am almost sure that they wouldn't have done that. It wasn't them that killed their self. They weren't the people I knew at that point because the people I knew would have realized that they could overcome the obstacles they were running from. And they could have.

So no it isn't the answer. If you let life beat you down it will. And the only way it's going to beat you is if you lay down and die. If the sun comes up tomorrow that's just another opportunity to change your life if you think it needs it.
                Last edited by okrattler; 02-26-2020, 12:11 AM.

Comment

My brother in law killed himself and left my sister in a real tough spot with 5 kids. I will put myself out there as well. I may not have any answers, but I have a listening ear and will try to help. And I too care.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    I've known several people that chose to take their own life. Unfortunately there's not much you can say or do for someone traveling down that path. Or at least in my experience because knowing what I know of them now they had drugs and alcohol in their system which lead them to do what they did. Had it not have been for mind altering substances I am almost sure that they wouldn't have done that. It wasn't them that killed their self. They weren't the people I knew at that point because the people I knew would have realized that they could overcome the obstacles they were running from. And they could have.

So no it isn't the answer. If you let life beat you down it will. And the only way it's going to beat you is if you lay down and die. If the sun comes up tomorrow that's just another opportunity to change your life if you think it needs it.
                    Sir,
                    Many of our friends who have issues with mental illness attempt to self medicate with alcohol or drugs. It gives them some relief from symptoms but usually gets them deeper over their head. Solution is for us all to take the stigma off of getting treatment for mental illness. Right now men have an easier time talking about treatment for ED than mental illness.

Comment

It is not the answer...

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                      Too many of my friends have committed suicide...horrible incident today.

I just know that I could have helped if I had only known what they were dealing with.

So I am putting this out there for any of you that may be in the middle of life struggles.

I am available...I will drop everything and help, or help you get the help you need. I ain’t got it all figured out, but for the past 10 years have went through some very specific training that should help you to learn to cope in a healthier manner. Please...know that there is help available, you are not alone in this.

Feel free to reach out anytime an know that your conversations are completely confidential.

Ending your life is NOT the answer...

Brandon

My BIL sent me a text last weekend out of the blue that scared the crap out of me. I stayed on the phone with him until 3:00 am.

Last edited by Black Ice; 02-26-2020, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                        Sir,
                        Many of our friends who have issues with mental illness attempt to self medicate with alcohol or drugs. It gives them some relief from symptoms but usually gets them deeper over their head. Solution is for us all to take the stigma off of getting treatment for mental illness. Right now men have an easier time talking about treatment for ED than mental illness.
                        100%
                        The stigma around mental health is awful. We’ve been studying mental health a minuscule fraction of the time as physical health. We still don’t understand the impact, fully.

Comment

I lost my best friend and hunting mentor two weeks before this past Christmas. Never had a clue about his demons. It still hurts me and I think about him every day while wondering what could I have done. Ask your buddies how they're really feeling. God bless all.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            My BIL sent me a text last weekend out of the blue that scared the crap out of me. I stayed on the phone with him until 3:00 am.

dang man!

Good on you for being there for him.

Ive seen suicide from all walks of life and age classes. Some I understand and some I just don't it.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                              100%
                              The stigma around mental health is awful. We’ve been studying mental health a minuscule fraction of the time as physical health. We still don’t understand the impact, fully.
                              I too think the stigma around mental illness is an issue but not like it was 10 years ago.

I think we are now running up against a lack of knowledge/counsel/empathy towards those that struggle. Maybe 60/40. I don’t know for certain but that is close to what I am seeing

Just want everyone to know HELP IS AVAILABLE, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Comment

Working...
                              X