Illinois bans gas powered leaf blowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
    I'll probably catch flak for this, but... I'm not a big fan of blowers, electric or gas All they do is blow crap into the air and neighbors yards. I ride a motorcycle and the grass clippings blown into the street have caused many a biker to lose control. I've been sweeping my curbs and gutters for 40 years and have never owned a blower. Got no use for them and wish they be outlawed in residential neighborhoods.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

You don’t like it, so it should be outlawed? How liberal of you...sit down, Bernie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'll probably catch flak for this, but... I'm not a big fan of blowers, electric or gas All they do is blow crap into the air and neighbors yards. I ride a motorcycle and the grass clippings blown into the street have caused many a biker to lose control. I've been sweeping my curbs and gutters for 40 years and have never owned a blower. Got no use for them and wish they be outlawed in residential neighborhoods.

For realz? If that happened to me I think I'd keep it to myself.

Comment

Ive probably run more than 100 motorcycle accidents and i'm certain none were caused by grass clippings

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Yup... brooms are for the kitchen. ..
          Women are for the kitchen

Comment

They do make them that run off of propane, I think. I know they have weedeaters and such.

Comment

My gas blower is my favorite tool.

Comment

Grass clippings in the street are also from lawn mowers that blow them into the street instead of back into their yards, guess we gotta ban lawn mowers too.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I can blow grass or whatever off my patio with my weed-eater just as well therefore I don't need a blower to do the same thing, and I've eliminated another tool I need to maintain.
                  Now I can see where these laws may be going, and I have chain saws, lawnmowers, ATV, etc. etc. too but I personally can't stand leaf-blowers. If you've ever lived in a subdivision or worked somewhere where all the lawn-care people come and blow junk all over your car, then they can outlaw them in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                    I realize the noise is and can be irritating. But consider that a blower to a landscaper is sort of like what a dental drill is to a dentist. They both make a lot of noise, but are necessary. Back when I was just a kid out mowing lawns, a broom and dust pan was all I had to clean sidewalks and paved driveways. Wasn’t yet a teenager. Fast forward several years to purchasing blowers for my landscape business. They are a time and labor saver.

Many farmers use gas powered blowers to blow the dust out of combines to avoid fires when harvesting crops. I use them on batwings too and when compressed air isn’t available to blow off hay balers. Machinery fires are a constant threat. And even more so with how later model diesel powered equipment regenerates.

As others have mentioned, this isn’t just about blowers. You have to look at the bigger picture. It’s a stair step process to ban other things too. Wait and see.
                    Then some kind of noise limit. Better muffler or something, but they are a nuisance.

Comment

Some people’s responses are simply amazing.....

Comment

"Blow me" will become a new phrase in Illinois.

Comment

Illinois bans gas powered leaf blowers

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                          Some people’s responses are simply amazing.....

Agreed. Feel like I’m reading in California or NewYork Bowhunter. I hear my neighbors blowers every weekend during the warmer months and have never in 20 years thought... that’s annoying or noise pollution... never.
                          Last edited by Smart; 02-15-2020, 09:29 PM.

Comment

How do you snowflakes feel about snowblowers? I bet y’all really hate them things

Comment

I don’t care about the ban, but I need to know what kind of dust bowl people are cutting in to need a leaf blower for their header???

Also, it takes about 30 seconds to get out of the tractor to clean your mower off. Seems like you’d have to be bush hogging in a desert to catch a mower on fire without abusing it.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                                My gas blower is my favorite tool.

Agreed. Use mine for many things. .. they are like gas powered duct tape. Many many uses around the house.

Comment

Working...
                                X