• Time
  • Show
Clear All

They banned common sense years ago

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Ridiculous!

Comment

Problem is the people there elect the idiots who pass these laws then move to states without these type laws because they don't want to live, or can't afford to live, under these type laws. When they move to a new state they start voting for idiots there and continue the spread of the liberal disease. A perfect example of insanity. Don't californicate my Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by scoutman View Post
          They banned common sense years ago

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Truth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll probably catch flak for this, but... I'm not a big fan of blowers, electric or gas All they do is blow crap into the air and neighbors yards. I ride a motorcycle and the grass clippings blown into the street have caused many a biker to lose control. I've been sweeping my curbs and gutters for 40 years and have never owned a blower. Got no use for them and wish they be outlawed in residential neighborhoods.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
              I'll probably catch flak for this, but... I'm not a big fan of blowers, electric or gas All they do is blow crap into the air and neighbors yards. I ride a motorcycle and the grass clippings blown into the street have caused many a biker to lose control. I've been sweeping my curbs and gutters for 40 years and have never owned a blower. Got no use for them and wish they be outlawed in residential neighborhoods.

You only hate them because you've never owned one... Keep your broom..

Comment

If Pete gets elected you'll be able to blow in Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  You only hate them because you've never owned one... Keep your broom..

Yup... brooms are for the kitchen. ..

Comment

Obama stomping grounds

Comment

You may not like the blowers for whatever reason and don't care about laws passed banning them, but who's gonna support you when they try to outlaw motor cycles for the same reasons.
                      We need to all stand together against lunacy.

Comment

They are on the verge of bankruptcy and they spend time on something so stupid

Comment

That is a special kind of stupid....

Comment

I wish Houston would ban gas powered leaf blowers. Yard crews run the **** things constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                              I wish Houston would ban gas powered leaf blowers. Yard crews run the **** things constantly.
                              I realize the noise is and can be irritating. But consider that a blower to a landscaper is sort of like what a dental drill is to a dentist. They both make a lot of noise, but are necessary. Back when I was just a kid out mowing lawns, a broom and dust pan was all I had to clean sidewalks and paved driveways. Wasn’t yet a teenager. Fast forward several years to purchasing blowers for my landscape business. They are a time and labor saver.

Many farmers use gas powered blowers to blow the dust out of combines to avoid fires when harvesting crops. I use them on batwings too and when compressed air isn’t available to blow off hay balers. Machinery fires are a constant threat. And even more so with how later model diesel powered equipment regenerates.

As others have mentioned, this isn’t just about blowers. You have to look at the bigger picture. It’s a stair step process to ban other things too. Wait and see.
                              Last edited by Worksalot; 02-15-2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I ride a motorcycle and the grass clippings blown into the street have caused many a biker to lose control.
                                I’m sorry, but grass clippings cause you to lose control..?
                                Can’t say I understand that. Grass clippings should be the least of your concern riding a motorcycle on a public roadway.

Comment

Working...
                                X