Grayson co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    The first thing I would do is send a PM to WCB (Mike Harr). He is a legend and pretty much the authority on Grayson County.
    Did he kill a big deer in Grayson? Never heard of it

Comment

Originally posted by Ladd's Pad View Post
      I have 400+acres in Grayson County along Choctaw Creek with 4 trail cameras. I have pics of several Trophy size deer.
      well lets see them sir

Comment

Originally posted by Big Nate View Post
        Northeast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Northeast isn't as good as other parts of Grayson IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladd's Pad View Post
          I have 400+acres in Grayson County along Choctaw Creek with 4 trail cameras. I have pics of several Trophy size deer.
          "Dad" is that you!!??

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
            "Dad" is that you!!??
            he aint got no trophy sized deer, they are so few and far between up there anyway, i mean, the county doesnt even have a rifle season, that should tell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
              Don’t surprised when you go months with out seeing a legal deer.
              Sure there are big deer in Grayson county, but you’ll likely have to work your *** off to get one.
              I know plenty of people that hunt in Grayson and sometimes go without a deer for the entire season. Others will have a lot of pics but at night.

If the stars align though, you could be trying to draw on the biggest deer youve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This right here.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                "Dad" is that you!!??
                lol!

Comment

ive hunted Grayson county pretty dang hard for 7 years and shot one trophy.... like the guys have said, it can be slow.. its a mental game in that part of Texas..

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                    I live and hunt here. Everyone posting is correct that there are some great deer here. BUT, you may sit 10, 20 or more times and see no deer. This isn't like south TX, the hill country, etc where a feeder goes off and the deer come running. And there isn't a giant behind every tree like some people think there are. If your primary objective is to shoot a really big buck, this is a county that may pan out for you. If your primary objective is to have your son see lots of deer and shoot something often you may be let down. Either way, go check out the property and figure out what's best for you and your son. Good luck!
                    "Ruttin' " is DEAD on....I've hunted the Red all of my life. In fact, I'm hunting it now in LA. I've killed some very nice bucks on the river.....125" = 155". However, you better know what you're doing and have great patience if you want to put yourself in position to get a good un' year after year. It's true hunting IMOP....much, much tougher than most of Texas, KS, etc that I've hunted.

Wonderful woods with some great folks....just be ready to hunt.

Comment

Didn't know huntin was allowed in that county?? I think there's a few rabbits, maybe two dove but that's about it. No deer though

Click image for larger version

Name:	station 1 (2).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	24601144

Comment

Like some have said, there's some real good deer there. Mine was 17 points, 16 scorable with one tine broken and he scored 167 2/8". Would have been ~175" if he was intact. The next morning about 200 yds from this one a guy took a rt side double main beam that went 190+".
                        I hunted Harrgerman ( ) hard on many 3 day hunts to get on this one. They are there but definitely not behind every tree.

Comment

Great looking buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Big deer, but you definitely won't see as many in the stand.

Comment

Great buck. Unfortunately, that was probably the last one...

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                                Like some have said, there's some real good deer there. Mine was 17 points, 16 scorable with one tine broken and he scored 167 2/8". Would have been ~175" if he was intact. The next morning about 200 yds from this one a guy took a rt side double main beam that went 190+".
                                I hunted Harrgerman ( ) hard on many 3 day hunts to get on this one. They are there but definitely not behind every tree.
                                In another few years.. this story will be 23 points and score 243"

Comment

Working...
                                X