No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got the draw for 11/20 hunt. Never been there but looking forward to it. Anyone willing to share some good units info. Also would love to just see a movie would be so cool.

Comment

Pending - really hope to get drawn - one of the most amazing places I’ve been. The birding alone is awesome but throw in the opportunity to harvest whitetail or Nilgai and it’s a truly amazing!

Been there twice - I echo the others in reading past threads - also bring two pairs of boots that are comfortable and broken in (last year I made the mistake of taking new boots- blisters weren’t fun). I also took snake gaiters for brush...and of course snakes - if I get drawn this year I won’t bother with ground blinds- purchased a ghillie suite and think it would work better (wouldn’t walk with it on but put it on at my stand).

Good luck to all! Be safe

Comment

Drawn for the dec hunt as well! So pumped! I had a ball last year on this hunt and I did a live hunt update on the 2019 thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jpdarby2 View Post
          I drew 11/13, it'll be my first time hunting the Atascosa
          Drew 11/13 as well and it'll be our first time too. We did Aransas last year for rifle and to me the terrain looks pretty similar in videos - anyone been to both and can compare?

Comment

Does anyone have a recommendation on a 6-8' tripod?

Comment

Originally posted by whirlybird View Post
              Does anyone have a recommendation on a 6-8' tripod?
              If you’re looking for cheap - pickup Big Game Pursuit from Academy or Wal- Mart (or Guide Gear on Sportsman’s Guide) — the legs come in two pieces so just use the top half and with the seat you’d be almost 8 feet (give or take) at eye level.

If you have the cash - I’ve heard Millennium has one at 10 but it’s around $400

Comment

I'll see everyone 11/13 for archery!

Comment

Looks like we will be well represented out there. If anybody wants to get a place for the 11/6 hunt i would be willing to go in on it with a group. Otherwise I will be pulling my brothers camper down again. Stock up boys [emoji1370]

“Fools multiply when wise men are silent” -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Mesquito/tick repellent, rain gear just in case and snake boots, snake boots, snake boots. Did I mention snake boots?

Comment

Originally posted by Cocobulldog View Post
                      Just got the draw for 11/20 hunt. Never been there but looking forward to it. Anyone willing to share some good units info. Also would love to just see a movie would be so cool.
                      Hunted there last year, filmed everything..
                      check out DH Outdoorsman Youtube Laguana Hunt.. Be prepared for a long drive and hard hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieBen View Post
                        I also drew for the 12/4 hunt. I'm new to Archery in general and have never hunted (or been) there, how is it? What kind of hunting is it, S&S , tree stand, etc? Sorry for the rookie questions.
                        S&S is hard, most of the hunters there last year had blinds, tripods our sat on the ground.
                        there are some good videos on utube of the place.. gives you an idea what to expected.
                        Good luck, ill pass this yr if i get drawn..

Comment

Sent you a pm mudmauler. I'd go in for group lodging on the 11/6 hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                            I got drawn for Laguna Atascosa for the 11/20 hunt. Will be good to go back again.
                            I was also drawn for the same weekend, also from Leander area. Good luck to you and maybe we run into to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by txfirefighter_04 View Post
                              I also was drawn for the 12/4 Archery
                              I was hoping we would have drawn the same week again. Guess I'll have to find my own kills this year. Good luck to you sir.

Comment

I got drawn for the 12/4 hunt as well. I have been training for an archery elk hunt coming up later this month so looks like I will keep up the training regimen. Looking forward to putting in miles to find some good spots. Hunting solo as of now but willing to join up with others

Comment

Working...
                                X