No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a bunch of calling at night this past weekend to try to get some varmints. If anyone here is serious about varmint hunting I strongly suggest you get the Convergent bullet. I have had great success with it. Both Friday and Saturday night we had 75% call in success, one of which was a bobcat. This caller is much better than the Foxpro's I have used. The sound quality and range of sound is incredible. Jason at Outdoor Legacy sells them so hit him up if you want one. They are pricey but it is worth every penny.

Comment

Hoping Sightmark's updated wraith will be everything the ATN 4K Pro is supposed to be but actually works. I tried multiple ATNs and their QC is horrible. They all went back. I bought another Sightmark Photon RT to replace the one I sold on my 6.5CM. I'll be sporting that for hogs until a feature rich, actually working digital well under $1K hits the market. Anything inside of 150 and the RT works quite well.

Comment

Did some thermal hog hunting to first time in my life and was awesome. Ranch owners buddy took us along and used a hog caller sound track and an Pulsar XP50 and now I want one. To bad this poor boy can afford that much on a few hogs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jason when will you have the nvision halo 1.75 in stock? I watched Hans review and that thing looks amazing, I’m addicted to thermals always wanting more. Lol

Comment

Hey guys, sorry I've been a little MIA on this thread, this is our busiest time of year so it's hard to find a spare minute. I'll be heading out to Vegas for the SHOT Show in about a week and a half and I'll try to give some updates but I rarely have time while I'm out there so I might wait till I get back to post some updates.

RMW, it's going to be the end of January at best. N-Vision says they aren't shipping any orders until then because they are way behind and they took off a week or so for the holidays, plus they'll be at SHOT show etc. I have my orders in and they are already pre-selling. If you think you might want one, give me a call (number is in the first post of this thread) and we can talk.

For anyone wanting something that's out of stock and pending arrival, a $100 deposit will back order a scope and hold your place in line. Getting and keeping inventory is very hard this time of year because it's low supply and high demand right now.

Thanks guys, I appreciate all your business and support.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
              Hey guys, sorry I've been a little MIA on this thread, this is our busiest time of year so it's hard to find a spare minute. I'll be heading out to Vegas for the SHOT Show in about a week and a half and I'll try to give some updates but I rarely have time while I'm out there so I might wait till I get back to post some updates.

RMW, it's going to be the end of January at best. N-Vision says they aren't shipping any orders until then because they are way behind and they took off a week or so for the holidays, plus they'll be at SHOT show etc. I have my orders in and they are already pre-selling. If you think you might want one, give me a call (number is in the first post of this thread) and we can talk.

For anyone wanting something that's out of stock and pending arrival, a $100 deposit will back order a scope and hold your place in line. Getting and keeping inventory is very hard this time of year because it's low supply and high demand right now.

Thanks guys, I appreciate all your business and support.

Jason

Probably give you a shout in a few days, trying to decide on the 1.75 Halo or the 3.5. Bought 3-4 thermals from you before and been happy with all my purchases.

Thanks, Ryan

Comment

Killed this huge sow last night and 4 small boars with the pulsar trail 38.
                Attached Files

Comment

^^^^^^Good shootin killa ^^^^^^^

That’s a good pig. Good & dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thermion kill with my 7 yr old on the gun. Have some pretty cool video footage but struggling to get it posted.
                    Last edited by cmwessels; 01-08-2020, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cmwessels View Post
                      Little Thermion Footage with my 7 yr old on the gun.

Can’t figure out how to post videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by cmwessels; 01-08-2020, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                        Probably give you a shout in a few days, trying to decide on the 1.75 Halo or the 3.5. Bought 3-4 thermals from you before and been happy with all my purchases.

Thanks, Ryan
                        I bought a Halo LR from him about a month ago and it’s niceeee. I’ve got a flir pts233 and pulsar xq38. The 3.5 power nvision sure comes in handy when trying to ID animals wayyyy out there

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                          I bought a Halo LR from him about a month ago and it’s niceeee. I’ve got a flir pts233 and pulsar xq38. The 3.5 power nvision sure comes in handy when trying to ID animals wayyyy out there
                          I’ve got a flir pts536 that I use for driving around our cornfields and pastures and it’s very nice for that purpose, but not for walking and stalking. Question is does the halo 3.5 have to much magnification for stalking up on a pack of hogs at 30-75 yds, is the field of view wide enough?

Comment

I’ve got a flir pts536 that I use for driving around our cornfields and pastures and it’s very nice for that purpose, but not for walking and stalking. Question is does the halo 3.5 have to much magnification for stalking up on a pack of hogs at 30-75 yds, is the field of view wide enough?

My buddy has a halo LR and I thought at the base magnification it was panorama compared too my Trail XQ50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post

As stated, image is a little better, you have better battery life, and you have a couple rifle profiles to use.
                              That's not right. The Thermion may have a better image than the Trail, but it doesn't have better battery life, and the Trail has the same 3 profiles (with 3 sets of distance coordinates for each, so actually 9 profiles if you wanted to go nuts with it).

Comment

I don’t think it’s too much zoom...From what I’ve seen and heard, NVisions zooms don’t seem to actually be as much as they claim. I’d say the 3.5 base is realistically more like a 3.0x. I feel like 2x to 3x is the sweet spot for hogs....and I like to get to about 30ish yards for the 1st shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X