No announcement yet.

Shingles Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im 52 and just got my first one, get my next one in about 3 weeks. Think I had all the side effects the next day for about 12 hours. Talk about a sore arm a few hours later and fever with aching joints the next day, felt a bad case of the flu. Once the fever broke, everything went back to normal.

Comment

Two different vaccines---Shingrix, and Zostavax. I got 'em both.

Comment

I’m only 34 and I actually got shingles last year. It was on my face, including the inside of my eye lid. I had extreme shooting pain going across my eye lid and my eye swole most of the way shut. They gave me acyclovir(I think) and it knocked it out fairly quick. I would highly recommend the vaccine over shingles

Comment

Thanks everyone. Yeah I’m 35. On my forehead doc was worried about progression toward my eye. Thankfully went up and is looking a touch better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
            I was at the Dr a week ago and asked about the vaccine...I turned 50 back in December...she told me there are two vaccines out there...the original innoculation was a one time shot and was only 60% effective...she told me about the newest shot that's 90-95% effective, and it's a two time shot...get one, come back 6months later for #2...that's gonna be the route I take...too many folks I know have gotten shingles and it tore them up...one of the persons was a 45 yr old fellow that works with me...don't need that stuff...it had him layed up for a month at least...
            ^^^This

Shingrix

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              I got on a waiting list for the shot at my closest Walgreens. It took 2-3 months but they called me and the pharmacist gave it to me.
              This was my experience also. Vaccine was on back order for several months. Finally got the call from my local Walgreens that it was available. Got first injection late spring & booster about a month ago. Arm was pretty sore for about a day after both injections.

Comment

Working...
              X